Father In Law's Facebook bargains and what he 'barried' next!

louiepj

Sad times just over a week ago when the pug 306 got hit by a fiesta coming out of the breakers yard in Crawley!

HX02 VFZ fiesta had failed 2 mot attempts!!. The 13th was day of crash.

Now the insurance needs lots of extra info as the FiL was driving. 2ac3d080798e4eeb14740b5f72e3b7df.jpg98d91a2a5c51de716f000dcca08a879e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well he has been busy under the bonnet with the blue paint and decided the hoses should be blue as well. Unfortunately he connected the dump valve to the brake vacuum pump (cam shaft driven), by cutting the hard black plastic hose to brake booster and rerouting so only inlet manifold connection still attached.

He also attached boost gauge to the switching side of a vacuum sensor on manifold, I asked him where original hose went before replacing it and he points at the turbo. The Internet told him to replumb hose between turbo and the intake after MAF sensor, so I'm not going to argue with them on that and just replumbed the hoses using my own more sensible guesses to get everything working.

Sorry about lack of pictures but he was suspicious of why I needed that first under bonnet picture while I'm trying not to laugh at this shit.

Edited because Google predictive....

He also left the car at a car wash place paid them £25 to valet the car and then complained when he picked it up as they had pressure washed off some of the custom blue paint he had carefully applied to the exterior door trim and wing mirrors.

I enjoyed imagining them laughing their heads off as they jet washed the wing mirrors and blue paint flew everywhere.

Whilst I'm very much appreciating the entertainment value, if this was my FIL I would have told him to go away and sort out his own mess several posts/cars ago.

If it were my FIL, I'd be divorcing his daughter. Who needs chord speed when you can have a wind speed steering wheel. I would shart every time I saw that steering wheel, wind speed for sure

• 3 months later...

Had a visit today as he knows I am out of contract/work now till new year. Was going to get busy with projects but he needs some help with his car. Got a saab turbo kit and larger intercooler he wants to fit so I had a look. Oh and he has been improving the interior......

4dcab3a268fe949cfed7b0a5c469038a.jpg65a96a0c5e9de36db0d44ed6e98c5aa3.jpg2d1d2251b0ac40d008b803321973dcff.jpg1bd45b3238ebff5d81960ba338cde99a.jpg