Father In Law's Facebook bargains and what he 'barried' next!

louiepj

Sorry I have had a busy few days trying not to die of manflu-bola but have seen the FiL today....

And in a conversation with me he confirmed that he has stuck those speakers over the front airbag curtains!! But come January he will be redoing all the stereo install. So it could get worse than it is, such as the door wiring loom.

b74cde3560bb1942be4cf7dc56746a64.jpg

And a photo of the rear spoiler after the car wash power washer clean. Took the new blue paint off and the original paint and etched/engraved patternsfrom the water jet onto the spoiler.

Which is why he is going to get it repainted in red.

Yeah red because red is fast yo.

95c31770560fa788cfb7b04cb7292451.jpg

Another newbie to this thread- I've just spent the last half hour laughing like a drain, thanks! :D

I assume he doesn't have too many rear seat passengers who might want to wind the window down.

Out of interest, what sort of music does he enjoy?

Exactly what I was going to ask. Very much hoping it's Happy Hardcore TBH

Jesus Christ.

Any pictures of the inside of his house?

He did once fit his own kitchen in the house.... He meant well but it was shockingly done and me and a friend went down to help/rescue it and we must have seemed so rude at the time as we couldn't stop laughing at how badly it was done. Even the carcasses were assembled wrong or in the wrong place, a worktop was cut in half and all were not quite level. (he cut it in half to make it easier to level).

Then there was the holes in the work top on the side he installed first, drill holes because he used the brand new work top as a workbench and accidentally drilled through it like 6 times.

And don't even get me started on the fish tank he was once given.....

Someone gives you a 6ft (at least) fishtank with heaters and filter system and accessories but no base for it, me I would have sold it immediately as its massive and a lot of hassle to set up. FiL looks at the fish tank then looks at walls either side of chimney in the lounge then back at the tank and sees that it will fit easily so off he goes to buy wood to make a frame.

He built a solid frame and base for the tank and decided to frame out the whole side of the wall floor to ceiling to the same width as the chimney and finish it with that cheap pinewood panelling. He sealed in below the fish tank while building it so it had to be all unscrewed as a large heavy panel and put the wonkiest cupboard doors ever built above the tank.

Tank in filled with water then realises he hadn't drilled access hole for power and water pipes so strips lower panels out and puts them in and while he is doing this he adds led lights to back light the tank and really make the tank a feature.

Skip to tank all set up and fishes in and happy, well untill he turns on all the led's he fitted that are unbelievably bright and some are green and some are blue. Then they freak out so he doesn't use them.

With everything up and running the heaters would sometimes draw higher amp's and trip the fuse box circuit breaker.

Not a problem to reset a circuit breaker these days is it..... Unless you build a fishtank base frame and some wood panelling in front of it.

Yes he built it on the side of the chimney wall with the fuse box on!!

Fish tank started leaking after about 6 month onto fuse box and tripping everything. Fuse box rewired and some flooring replaced and tank resealed and all was well for a few years till he got bored and ripped it all out and sold it.