Sign in to follow this  
Petrolize

Alfa Romeo 156 Roffle UPDATE **EXCLUSIVE NEW OFFER!**

Would there be any interest in an Alfa Romeo 156 roffle? It’s had the same owner since nearly new and was taken to ROI and never went back to its UK plates. We still have the ROI registration certificate but not sure exactly what would be required to register the car back in the UK now. At the time it went off the road all it needed was a new MOT but that may not be the case anymore. It’s a fairly basic petrol model from 1998 with nice alloys in a nice dark green colour. Unsure of the mileage as the batteries dead as a dodo and collection would have to be from Inverness way up in the Highlands

Presume this is a 1.6 Twin Spark in Veloce flavour, yes ?

Do have a hankering for a 156 at some point but I'm a bit of a snob and actually prefer the facelift look. And red, of course.

Sounds complicated this one with the ROI thingamabob.

Never mind all that, when's the roffle ?

Its a 2.0 T Spark, lovely Teledial alloys worth a fair amount of ££ on their own. Has the Alfa dealer tufted carpet mats, plus the 2 original keys. Its a manual gearbox and has been fitted with an upgraded Kenwood stereo. Also has a tow-bar with electrics. Boot area very clean, has been kept protected, and underneath the spare wheel and tools look unused. Photo's coming in 3,2,1...

Have some gumtree style mobile phone pictures. A little tricky to take photos due to how it’s parked, and I’m not risking starting a car, let alone an Alfa, which hasn’t run in 3/4 years. The battery is now dead as a dodo, but when it was layed up the engine was fine, but ideally it needs the spark plugs out, cambelt replaced etc before starting her up.

post-17776-0-27383400-1528925641_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-39714400-1528925660_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-73491300-1528925698_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-23905700-1528925809_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-98778800-1528925826_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-26974100-1528925845_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-60663800-1528925860_thumb.jpegpost-17776-0-93413000-1528926078_thumb.jpeg

So, location = Near Aviemore

Collection time = Ideally within the next 4 weeks

Cost = £4 a ticket

12 34 47 please

So, location = Near Aviemore

Collection time = Ideally within the next 4 weeks

Cost = £4 a ticket

12 WACK

34 WACK

47 WACK

yes, go back to the first post and select Edit, then go to Use Full Editor and it'll allow you to change title, tag, anything you want.

Also put me down for 4 and 16 please.  Now I've officially put the Cadillac up for sale I think my Roffle ban is over, and I've always wanted one of these.

Re-registering in the UK, I think would be one of 2 ways depending on iof it was exported properly or not.

If it was officially exported then it would need to be re-imported, NOVA, MOT etc like DW is doing with the Dacia.

If it was not oficially exported, just registered in Ireland, it should still exist on the DVLA system, just apply for a replacement log book.

I don't suppose you know the old UK reg number?

Re-registering in the UK, I think would be one of 2 ways depending on iof it was exported properly or not.

If it was officially exported then it would need to be re-imported, NOVA, MOT etc like DW is doing with the Dacia.

If it was not oficially exported, just registered in Ireland, it should still exist on the DVLA system, just apply for a replacement log book.

I don't suppose you know the old UK reg number?

I can try and find out, but that’s the thing, unfortunately we don’t know the old UK reg number

Of course it was exported properly. It has Irish plates on it!

The Irish VRC will have the previous registration number on it usually, so if ex-UK, will have the UK registration.

Anything exported from UK doesn't get the record wiped, just marked exported. If it shows up again at a later date and the former registration mark is known, then you can get them to put it back on.

I have bought a former UK car in Ireland, with Irish reg and got away with just applying for a new UK log book when I brought it back.

Not everyone notifies the DVLA that a car has been exported, some just say sold, and are not marked as exported.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NorthernMonkey
      I’m not sure if there’d be much interest in a roffle for a topless mills o’matic swede at this time of year but before I stick it down at the barn for winter, I thought I’d mention it on here...
      Its a 2006 9-3 1.8t with just under 90k miles and a good service history. It has been Mrs NMs summer chariot of choice but has now been stood down by a Berlingo diesel...the backup plan is to park it up over winter before prepping it up for sale in the spring where it would get advertised for its market value but due to the impending arrival of another toy, if someone on here wants to win it for the frankly ludicrous sum of £12.00, then step right up!!
      Good bits...
      All electrics, roof etc in good order, decent tires all round, plenty of MOT, working air con, polishes up nicely, will come with new discs and pads on the front.
      Not so good bits...
      Silly tax bracket so £48 a month to tax, occasional lambda fault which pops on EML....will reset and stay off for a month or two, slight bit of pogweasleing on the n/s front bumper where it’s had a smart repair in the past.
      Only got a few pictures to hand at the minute but if there’s any interest, I’ll stick some more up in the next day or so.
      Roffle tickets as it is are £12 each or two for £20 and the car is located near Burnley, Lancashire.
      Form an orderly queue.... 🙂

• By bangernomics
      Roffle is go.  
      1 for £16 or 2 for £30.
      4 SamR380
      7 Jollyfkr2
      12 AstonMartin
      15 Primeradoner
      18 Doug
      22 Loserone
      25 Mitsisigma01
      26 BlackBoilerSuit
      28 Barefoot
      30 DozeyDustman
      33 Doug (Aston Martin)
      37 DaveQ
      38 Norbert
      42 Doug (AstonMartin)
      43 Jollyfkr2
      46 Aston Martin
      47 Loserone
      48 Primeradoner
      51 BlackBoilerSuit
      55 StrangeAngel

Choice of top boxes either the white old one or the massive modern one for Uber eats work.

• By dozeydustman
      Just about an hour ago I went to start my car up, had Mrs Dustman with me, to go and pick Miss Dustman up from work. Turned over fine but took a while to fire up.

Steering felt heavy. Thought maybe as it's currently -5 + wind chill it's just cold & the fluid is thick.

Started reversing out my bay then I was greeted with:
      "DING DONG" - ABS fault.
      "DING DONG" - ESP fault
      "DING DONG" - headlamp auto levelling not working, contact service.

I shut the car down straight away and we went in Mrs D's Corolla.

Alternator is less than 2 months old, it's a recon unit from Alternator Man in Portsmouth. Hoping the cold isn't killing the battery and it's taking the 'nator out with it (battery passed the drop test last time the no-charge warning came up). Looks like a session with the multimeter after work tomorrow.....

MEH.
    • By TheDoctor
      Going to roffle for a fiver a ticket, two for £8, 3 for £11
      In good working order apart from the head gasket. 
      Put the ventilated header tank cap on, take it easy and bring spare water and you will be able to drive it home. 

It doesn't overheat, just pressure in the cooling system. Cylinder compression is good. 
      MOT April 2020

• By DialATune
      This has been dragging with the end tantalisingly in sight, so inspired by the worthy @SRi05 I'll pop it in here and see if anyone who doesn't visit 'Shite For Sale' is interested...

Quoting now...

After having recently gone through the fun* of selling a car on eBay, I thought I'd try my luck on here. I only bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim, thinking it would be ideal for shooting down to France with the wife and the dog to visit the in-laws, but the wife has taken against it HARD due to the lack of air-con (she's not worried about us - it's the dog!). So it has to go.
      Bad bits first, as is AS tradition. The A/C really is gone. No amount of re-gassing will fix this! A few patches of rust here and there - none look bad enough for welding. A bit of rust converter and bondo and job jobbed was my plan. Laquer is starting to peel in a few places. The remote central locking doesn't always unlock the passenger side door (although it does always seem to lock it, which is odd). Tailgate has a decent dent in it. Nothing to do with me, it came free with the car. Tailgate still works fine, though.
      Good bits. Maybe it has been too long since I was last in a rear-wheel drive, but it feels to me like it pulls away from the line very nicely. The six-speed box feels nice and precise, and lets you trundle along at 70mph with the engine only doing about two and a half thousand revs (not had it long enough to really measure fuel efficiency). MOT until Feb and taxed to get you home.
      Located in Ipswich. I was thinking £9 per ticket, or two for £16, three for £21. Any takers?

PRICE DROP !!!!
      £8 for one, £14 for two, £19 for three. Buy Buy Buy!!!!