ford £300 taxed to get you home

theshadow

I wish my daughter would hurry up and learn to drive so I can impose something like this on her.

"Briony has got a new Fiat 500 from her parents...."

"Good for Briony. Here's a Ka. Remember to park facing downhill do you can bump start it in the morning"

I shit you not, one of her mates has a BMW X1 that her parents "weren't using any more".

I wish my daughter would hurry up and learn to drive so I can impose something like this on her.

"Good for Briony. Here's a Ka. Remember to park facing downhill do you can bump start it in the morning"

I shit you not, one of her mates has a BMW X1 that her parents "weren't using any more".

I was having the same conversation with my neighbour yesterday about the 'youth' having brand new cars, she was telling me about her friends son who splashes out £400 on a BMW, said he earns about £1000-1100 but it's 'okay as he lives at home' -  which is great until you want to buy your own gaff and realise that for the last 3-4 years you've spent between 14-19k on a car you don't own have zero deposit and have to go back to a 15 year old corsa. 

Now don't get me wrong I've had brand new cars, done the whole cycle and i'd still rather have the money than the cars! 

Quite common that to be honest. There's a generation there that hasn't had a life as I see it, spending the bulk of their income on a car that everyone else has. When I was 17-25 I spent all my money going out, having a life, holidays, memories etc. I wasn't sat in a McDonalds car park on a Saturday on my own in a BMW 116d wondering why I had no money.

When I was that age, if I'd had been spend £400 on finance my folks would have said I'd obviously got enough to pay considerably more in board.

I wouldn't necessarily blame it on a generation. My sister who is 18 absolutely adores her 16-year old and battered K11 Micra

Mind you, she hasn't actually used it properly as an everuday car yet as she is just beggining to learn to drive but I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

I guess though there probably are more kids than ever these days who are molly coddled into having "brand new" things every time and a lot more rely on being highly bank-rolled by the bank of Mum and Dad.

To be fair if i had a X1 i don't think i would use it either.