ford £300 taxed to get you home

theshadow

mot 6 mths,duratec engine cheap runabout,priced at a firm £300,new tyres allround last year,given it a service,plugs,oil,pollen filter etc,new front pads,some old mots,fitted hong kong fuey heater valve,was stuck on hot,now all fine,cheap banger transport for 6 mths, BL1 2LT,poverty spec version,windup windows,powersteering,very rare for its time abs...

post-19591-0-18693800-1528788988_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-57006400-1528789002_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-25528600-1528789020_thumb.jpg

As far as I can see if The Shadow fell in shit he'd come up smelling of roses!

Pics or GTFO.

Actually, don’t spoil it.

I like the idea of him being a man of significant means and excellent sartorial judgement, whilst masquerading as an illiterate northerner in cheap jeans.

Mechanically these are quite ok I’ve found. Alternators are problematic, but take off the front bumper, N/S headlight out and ease off the top engine mount and you should have enough wiggle room to change it. Whether or not the car collapses due to rust in those 6 months is a slightly different matter.

I have a real softspot for Ka's the rate they are being scrapped they will comand decent money in a few years. It's a shame the new drivers dont take to them more but someone who's 17-25 will spunk a few k on something better spec'd which is a shame really. 

Mechanically these are quite ok I’ve found. Alternators are problematic, but take off the front bumper, N/S headlight out and ease off the top engine mount and you should have enough wiggle room to change it. Whether or not the car collapses due to rust in those 6 months is a slightly different matter.

Exactly how I do them other than I only remove the bumper as far as I need. And it's probably the worst job on the car showing how simple they are to work on.

My son's nearly 23 and loads of his mates had them too. Mechanically they die very hard so won't give you really any major grief. The endura de engine in that is a nice lump as well, much quieter than the thrashy old Valencia despite that being pretty much indestructible.

Great buy for 6 months motoring.

*** Edit, noticed welding and duck oil applied, may go on longer ???

clutch ok,drivers wheel arch good,passenger rear found hole tickled it with sparkly,was near fuel pipe,so did not stay too close,all solid now,seam sealed etc,previous was done on sills.has the later duratec engine,alot smoother,than ohv,floorpans,bootfloor,front chassis legs,all solid,on the button for starting.