Thornes Park Event, Wakefield Friday 6th July 2018

Austin of England

Is this a pre booking event this year or can you turn up and pay £5 as late entry still?

Edit: I've just noticed in the above link, you can turn up as a late entry entry in the afternoon.

Looks like I'll be going then, maybe in two cars if my Dad is up for it. :-D

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there at about the same time and yeah there shouldn't be a problem you getting in.

Just drive into the park and you pay at the top where they tell you to go. Late entry is £5.

Cool, if I am going I want to ensure that I can at least park in the main area right next to a immaculately presented Sherpa Coupe, owned by a retired Royal Air Force officer whilst I am in my dirty little French shopping car bringing the tone down.

I'm going to try and make it to this, I'd changed the AC fix to Saturday thinking we'd have a day out in Nottingham but I want to watch the football in the pub so I'm going to see if I can get them to do it friday them stop in wakefield on the way back

Er if you want. I'm in D section. Don't know if it's age related or what type of car.

I don't mind moving though as there's no chance I'm going to win anything. Or saying that just park in D too as no one ever seems to mind.

I will be there from about 6.30 in the morning as that is when the toilets arrive and they need paying for! section D is for cars 1972 to 1993. I will be spending the morning measuring out and white lining so if you want me to set a space aside for you all I can, just let me know for approx. how many

I'm very hopeful of attending in the MGB. Have persuaded Mrs BMH to come home a day early from being in York in the 'van, just have an oil leak to check. Mine will be pretty obvious, bright yellow, no where near prestine and with an AS badge on the front. Intend to aim for 4ish, depending on traffic on M1 / A61.

Which entrance is it, the one be the sports centre?

I will be there from about 6.30 in the morning as that is when the toilets arrive and they need paying for! section D is for cars 1972 to 1993. I will be spending the morning measuring out and white lining so if you want me to set a space aside for you all I can, just let me know for approx. how many

Long day and thanks for the offer.

So you heard the man is this a yes or no? How many and is Ghosty putting the banner up?

Spent 40 minutes tonight washing the Visa instead of doing something helpful like changing the coolant considering I am driving it from Leeds city centre in rush hour traffic tomorrow evening....

post-3133-0-78385800-1530823231_thumb.jpg

If we do have some spaces let me know where I need to ask to go.

Don't have anything to attach the banner to but I can lay it out if we have 2 AS cars together. Would be nice to know if the organisers are OK with it beforehand though as some might take exception to the expletive? We have blessing at the annual Woodsmoor show but in general I can't be sure and would like to stay on the safe side, if someone could let us know it'd be appreciated.

It sounds like it might be worth organising us a stand as it looks like a few of us might make it over. 

He's not been seen in the thread but when I mentioned it to him on Tuesday, Squire Dawson expressed interest in coming over too, if it helps.

It was busy!

Think I saw the best car though.

post-17845-0-00277400-1530906202_thumb.jpg

The guy with it was at the side painting. Had to have a word. Says it's got a pinto 2100 in it and it's his daily used for everything and regularly does long distance, says he'd like a 6th gear. But that it solid and had had new sills and arches.

Inside was a mess. Half the interior was missing and the dash clocks were hanging out, looked like they were from a different car.

It was amazing!