The Mighty Dacia - 1310 estate - Cat's tales

dollywobbler

This is FFFfffing brilliant !  what an amazing Fred, as I have had 15 (yes, FIFTEEN) R12 Estates,

and the only one that never ran in my hands I abandoned in Antigua, W.I.  I can't get enuff of this,

I do hope Mr Bikkle is/has enjoyed it too, he has a wealth of R12 parts and knowledge.

Keep up the good work Wolly Dobbler     :mrgreen: 

I remember when these were sold in the UK and I saw a single example in Loughborough once. To my twenty something eyes it was a very disappointingly cheapened version of an obsolete Renault and that was the end of my interest. It's curious that you say it's unlikely to withstand a single Welsh winter. I presume that their total lack of rustproofing was the reason for their (almost instant) demise over here.

In other vaguely related news, I passed a T plate Renault 12 (going the other way) on my way to Southwold the other week. My eyes nearly popped, I'd forgotten how oddly proportioned they are in the flesh!

I just had a brain wave in regards to the rear seat belts, are lap belts an option?

Yes. I think so. That's what Cats is planning to fit anyway. My tester still reckons belts aren't needed because they weren't fitted, but Cats has children, and they're worth protecting, at least slightly. 2CV only had rear lap belts up until 1990, so I don't think there's a requirement for three-points to be fitted.

I can, quietly, confirm that this car now has a UK registration! More once I have the plates.

My Denem press pack says that the headlights used for UK models were the same as those fitted to the RS2000. Hope that helps.

There's one Denem left, ex-Sam Glover. I've managed to track down another one which though destined for the UK never left Romania - though most of the Denem's modifications were made in the UK so there's not a lot distinguishing it as a Denem except for the speedo in mph and a few additional minor details. 

My Denem press pack says that the headlights used for UK models were the same as those fitted to the RS2000. Hope that helps.

There's one Denem left, ex-Sam Glover. I've managed to track down another one which though destined for the UK never left Romania - though most of the Denem's modifications were made in the UK so there's not a lot distinguishing it as a Denem except for the speedo in mph and a few additional minor details. 

Good luck getting anything that fits an RS2000 for anything that resembles a reasonable price!

Also,

16821048928_0363395eed_b.jpg

No rear seatbelts.

Well done Ian and well done Mighty Dacia!

Just need plates now :)

Well, I'm not sure about that. While no MOT was needed for registration, it still technically doesn't have one. The Vehicle Enquiry website helpfully states that the DVLA does not hold records of any MOT details. As the Romanian IPT was attached to the logbook, I now have no proof that it has a Romanian MOT equivalent. I think we're going to need to get it tested.

Anyone else noticed that the Dacia is so mighty it's managed to get itself registered in the future? DVLA site says the date of first registration is July 2018 :shock:

That's correct! It was the date of first registration ... On the DVLA systems.