Chaseracer's chod: French tat a speciality

chaseracer

20 hours ago, chaseracer said:

The Blingo is on SORN; it refuses to run properly and something appears to have gone PING in the back end.

Given that it's a DW10 HDi 90, one of the most basic common-rail diesels there is,  there must be someone who can accurately diagnose the issue with it?

Also, the "ping" at the back (I'm assuming you heard it go ping?) is probably the brake compensator actuation arm spring.  They rust through for a laugh, and as soon as you load up the rear then snap (and go "ping").  Bit of a pain to change as one end is has a crimp holding it in place.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Listening to how much @dollywobbleris contemplating spending on a Blingo it looks like keeping hold of your broken one may have been a sound investment, so much so  that's now made it worth fixing!

21 hours ago, loserone said:

Yeah, prices for working ones have gone up a fair bit!

Time to speak again with me old mucker Spanners at https://jacautos.co.uk...

image.png

• 6 months later...

The Blingo's on the race trailer, ready to go to Spanners in the morning.  

image.png

There is water in the passenger-side footwell and the rear suspension remains on the bump stops.  The brake pipes at the back don't look too clever.  Other than that, looks OK - especially considering it hasn't moved in more than three years!

Be good to have it back, the scruffy old thing... 🙂

• 1 month later...

The Blingo has shuffled up the Spanners List of Jobs (ie. he was heartily sick of doing clutches on 208s and C4s) and has been on the ramp for a proper checkover.

YAY!  The rear suspension is magically fixed*!

image.png

Er, no.  I'll let the man himself explain.

"Look, not slammed! Unfortunately, it will be again when I drop the ramp down.  Both torsion bars have snapped I'm afraid...

image.pngimage.png

Full axle will work out cheaper for you.  However, I'll be giving you a list soon, once I have got to the bottom of the running problem.  There are no leaks in the fuel system, but the HP fuel pump can't keep up with demand.

So, I need to work out whether it's the pressure regulator, the flow regulator, or the internal lift pump.  Sadly, I suspect that it's the lift pump itself I'm afraid.

Other than that, after a quick once over today, it'll need quite a few brake pipes and hoses, rear shocks, resecure OSF outer cv boot, heater matrix and general recommissioning bits and bobs - I've almost certainly missed something.

However, on the bright side, it doesn't look like the jacking point needs welding, it looks like it's just bent!"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...