Van wanted

eddyramrod

My niece needs a van for her business.  Ideally she'd like a Transporter but the budget won't stretch to that, she's looking at about £1500-ish.  She's in Southport and won't want to travel too far to collect.  Anyone know of anything suitable?

If it were me you’d know my choice.... (see my picture)

Well I would go for either a Sprinter or VW LT35. £1500 will definitely get you one.

My friend will be selling a 4.5t on a 54’ Transit lwb that has had the facelifted front put on it and has been downrated to 3.5t so anyone can drive it....it was bought and used by the fireservice and then one of the firemen bought it so always been looked after...can find out more should you be interested...

Thanks everyone.

She's messaged me now: she thinks a Transit might be too big, so sorry Wingz, that's the LT/Sprinter out of the window!  HiAce might be a good shout though.  Seems to be slightly smaller than a Transit so she might go for it.  I sent her a link to a Citroen Dispatch and she likes that.  Let's see what we can find...

My thought exactly. It's for collecting/delivering furniture for upcycling so the Dispatch is big enough, on a car footprint. She's had a Picasso before, threre won't be anything too frightening.

I reckon the Toyota could be a good shout, plenty for around that money. Merc Vito any good also? Seem less fashionable than the T4 but it's basically the same thing? I think the rust they have is mainly surface and not structural? But I'm not 100%