Northern powerhouse 2 - 7pm Monday July 16th Xscape Castleford.

AlabamaShrimp

1930s, in the powerhouse of Mitteleuropa to which the Junkreich was briefly annexed...  ;)

The first motorway is generally accepted to have been the Long Island Motor Parkway, built by the Vanderbilt family in 1907.

It was based on a concept invented in the United Kingdom, which was proposed in the late 1890's and Parliamentary Approval was sought,

but not granted, for the construction of a dual carriageway London to Brighton Motorway in 1906.

It was once more proposed in 1926, but again no permission was granted.

The British concept was the basis for subsequent motorway design in Italy, from where it migrated to Germany.

The Third Reich's abuse of the concept for propaganda purposes should be reason enough for everyone to boycott it.

Guest Hooli

Are we doing this chaps? I've lost track of who might be attending.

ETA: Could someone edit the OP to mark it as an event so it's easier to find please.

Guest Hooli

Bugger just realised I've left my clear sunglasses at home so I can't head up straight from work. I'll still be on time but it's annoying as I got as far as thinking I must check that last night.

An official thank you from me for those that turned up tonight and I'll make sure next time I arrange anything it won't be when some stupid football shit is on..

Bugger I forgot to get a photo.

It's July 6th the car show in Wakefield if people are wanting to meet there next time?

http://autoshite.com/topic/32089-thornes-park-event-wakefield-friday-6th-july-2018/?do=findComment&comment=1529415

Well I'd call that a success, good venue too, and a good drive over. 

On the way there somewhere before Denby Dale, a bloke in a mintola BRG Rover Metro GTa on an M plate pulled up in a side road, saw me passing and raced out to catch me up, enthusiastically playing keep-up until somewhere near Wakefield where he turned off, giving me a merry flash of the lights before he did. Really made me smile!

Car show could be interesting, it's the same weekend as the Didsbury event and I'll hopefully be body shop fresh so will try to make it over.

We saw this on the way:

e6d21c3134fca797828c695708fb3753.jpg

Here is the inaugural Eastern Northern Powerhouse:

e3a79281651cb81fd097a96295a9dd11.jpg

Held in this scary consumerist cathedral, where a football show was happening. Despite this the service was very good!

1a1abd5973f930177946f2863de763ef.jpg

We took the scenic route back:

963e207061d858c54485bc2a1db35410.jpg

Great to meet you, AlabamaShrimp!

So where the hell did i park. I turned up at 7 on the button in a black fiesta. My spotting abilities are clearly shite as i didnt see the mk2 fiesta. I left around 7.30 and went to see my mate in ponti just as it started to rain. I was going to take the Alphard but im glad i didn't as i didn't realise how low the height barrier was. Ill be hopefully easier to spot at thornes, thats if my mechanic can get my Subaru MV to run properly this Friday.... better luck next time :-)

Guest Hooli

We were at the back of the xscape car park, just where was marked on the map earlier in the thread. I went in the wrong car park at first, but found Shrimp in the end.

That bloody rain stopped a mile or so down the A1 so I didn't get too wet thankfully. Was a good night to start things off with. I'm rather glad the sound was broke on the chavball game as it made it much more bearable.