Volvo C202 Laplander - 5 years on and newest member of the SVM

warninglight

I've never done one of these before, I thought it was about time I started.

Packing for this Saturday's collection, setting off straight after work tomorrow as it's a 650 mile round trip, and as I roll back up the country on the return leg I'll be very slow and even steadier.

Almost had to call the whole thing off when I stupidly used my cordless windy gun to pay out the winch rope much faster than I can by hand, and sheared a little M4 bolt that allows it to reverse. Welded a nut on and extracted and replaced it, and won't be doing that again.

post-577-0-30044100-1528355265_thumb.jpg

You have tarp....so are planning to cover it up on the way back....so is it old and fragile?

It's old enough to be definitely proper shite, but not the oldest thing I'll own by a long way.

Fragile, I really hope not! The tarps are partly to help with the towing rule of "if it looks right, it is right".

Not as storming as the range rover I had when I met you at the maze last summer! Nothing tows like that, but one long day out towing involved 3 full tanks of lpg, it's fun finding that and getting into the arse end of a forecourt to the pump when you have a hefty trailer on!