Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

Are you still on 'the model'? Have they finished renovating all the houses yet?

Yeah, still here - They've done most of my row, it's loads better - we were going to move but actually it's bang on now so we're staying for the forseeable. Instead of moving somewhere with a big garage I'm just keeping an eye out for a unit nearby to contain all my vehicular shit.

In the meantime winter is not good for interior renovations so why not advertise on Shiply as man with van Dobbin removals. Once its through the mot natch.

The man and van idea is not so bad, I'm paying £40 to have a shed moved less than 4 miles tomorrow, one quote was £80!

Look at these rads you can buy on eBay. This one's for a Mustang apparently. £100

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-ROW-FULL-ALUMINIUM-RADIATOR-FOR-1965-1966-FORD-MUSTANG-5-0L-V8-CONVERSION/162679124794

I dont know how many kW of heat I need to dissipate, but its not going to be very much. This rad is probably far too big but as long as the thermostat is working it would be fine I'm sure. Its only £100 against like £300 to recore my existing rad. ANyone got any experience of these? No doubt they are made at the Hoo Flung Dung Crispy Wasp Heat Exchanger and Child's Toy Manufacturing Concern but they look like a good solution to me.

Yeah, still here - They've done most of my row, it's loads better - we were going to move but actually it's bang on now so we're staying for the forseeable. Instead of moving somewhere with a big garage I'm just keeping an eye out for a unit nearby to contain all my vehicular shit.

Great stuff. Such lovely houses them, I love em. Have they still got any of Ms_Nuts' art works on the houses being worked on?

Hey, you may feel lousy and be risking Ms Bollox running off into the sunset with a more sensible man, while the neighbours start a local petition in the local paper, but look on the bright side, a load of random strange men on the internet think you're pretty cool, so it's alright really.

For the radiator, go for something that’s got similar bhp and you’ll be close enough.

If the Dodge makes 70bhp (I’m guessing here, maybe you dream of that much and need 3 turbos to do it) then find a car with 80ish bhp and use that radiator.

Try and find one with the same frontal area as the existing radiator and only go for a double row or triple row (depth) if you need to.

I’d have thought a second hand radiator would be better than one of those eBay things, maybe something from a plodding Transit or something?

It’s early and I’m rambling but this is your checklist in order:

Matches or beats the engine bhp

Matches the entry and exit ports

If yours uses massive header tanks instead of an overflow bottle, do the same

Matches the frontal area

What I should have put first on that list if you’re looking at old Land Rover parr’s is avoid Britpart!

I chanced an aluminium rad for an old Rangerover, cheaper than the cheapest of conventional replacements with their nasty crimped on plastic tanks, I examined it carefully and was rather impressed by the quality of build, very nice solid thing, only issue for me was having to adapt one of the two oil coolers which had the wrong connections. They all seem to be multicored for greater efficiency so acquiring the same acreage might not be critical, if you get it wrong you could always sell on to the driftYo boys as a sick ass wicked intercooler bro for an obscene profit.

Bet it's not as loud as the 2.4td Vauxhall/Bedford Midi I had about 8 years ago. Feck me it was noisy. At 70mph any conversations that was one wished to have with passengers had to be shouted whilst the isuzu lump screamed it's arse off.

This stress was then compounded by a column gear change which the driver operated on the scientific principle of ip dip bird shit. You were just as likely to engage 1st at 50mph as you were 5th! Hateful van! .... would buy another. Now browsing eBay:)

Mr Boll - I don't think it's being obtrusive or unsightly at the moment. By the time you've finished the remaining jobs on it, and give it a wash and optional polish and it's roadworthy, it'll be no different to the many ordinary houses with a caravan or camper on the drive.

Except yours is blue not off white.

Bet it's not as loud as the 2.4td Vauxhall/Bedford Midi I had about 8 years ago. Feck me it was noisy. At 70mph any conversations that was one wished to have with passengers had to be shouted whilst the isuzu lump screamed it's arse off.

This stress was then compounded by a column gear change which the driver operated on the scientific principle of ip dip bird shit. You were just as likely to engage 1st at 50mph as you were 5th! Hateful van! .... would buy another. Now browsing eBay:)

I thought the Midi had quite a decent column shift...

awesome stuff, hat doffed etc

re noise - http://automotive.dynamateurope.com/

not cheep but tis fucking awesome.

sticks onto clean and dry steel, reduces drumming and noise.

in fatha thestags 72 Rangie the difference is that at 60mph can now hear the exhaust beat rather that teh transmission whine. also can hear front seat conversation from the back seat!!

Luxury

"old peoples home"* carpet can also help if you can find some that is less piss soaked

hope mojo is back soon with this project

Mr Boll - I don't think it's being obtrusive or unsightly at the moment. By the time you've finished the remaining jobs on it, and give it a wash and optional polish and it's roadworthy, it'll be no different to the many ordinary houses with a caravan or camper on the drive.

Except yours is blue not off white.

I thought the Midi had quite a decent column shift...

Probably did when new. Mine was an ex landscaping van which had seen more than its fair share when it came to lack of maintainence. It's was fooked!

Chin up Reg, FFS! This great country wasn't built on a load of whinging sissies worrying about other people's feelings.  

As it's the right colour, you should paint a circle of 12 yellow stars on the side and stand around waiting for the inevitable comments from all your neighbours on the 'opposing side', therefore giving you unlimited opportunity to vent about your favourite subject and hopefully burn off a load of stress in the process, or possibly just give yourself a heart attack

Absolutely heroic effort from Al Bundy on that welding! I’d be very proud of that indeed.

Bo1, what you *really need to do now is to start on your new 929!

I can’t wait until that project gets under way. I’ve been trying to source a windscreen on your behalf but had naff all luck so far.