Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

Aren't all these old horse boxes utterly shagged? Everytime I get stuck behind a horsebox, it's usually at least 20-30 years old, revving the hell off and belching black clouds out while only crawling along at 15mph up a hill. Sometimes you also get the sweet* smell of the clutch burning up too.

Certainly my experience of them!

Aren't all these old horse boxes utterly shagged? Everytime I get stuck behind a horsebox, it's usually at least 20-30 years old, revving the hell off and belching black clouds out while only crawling along at 15mph up a hill. Sometimes you also get the sweet* smell of the clutch burning up too.

Hi, That's because they spend all their money on the horse and haven't much left to cart the thing around in.

Colin

There’s a group on Facebook called “UK truck and bus recovery group” or something similar. Lots of heavy recovery operators moving lots of large vehicles, you can ask on there and see if anyone can fit you in as a backload?

Do you tell them to try Karrier (I think) who runs/ ran Circus Box and the old Dodge50 forum? He had spares and seemed to be sourcing things still.

If that's who I think it is, she's already been to him, relieved of a load of money, goods not sent and now he's not answering his phone! Someone else was complaining about something else bought from him which did turn up, but was a load of shit, completely unfit for purpose.

Guest Hooli

I bet they are never serviced, after if it doesn't have hooves it doesn't matter...

Pump timing on a diesel is more critical than ignition timing & tends to fall out of adjustment as it's often driven by a vernier pulley from a belt.

A (Leyland) Daf with a Cummins engine is going to be a whole universe less pain than a Dodge 50. Go for the 6 banger (150, iirc) if you get one.

If that's who I think it is, she's already been to him, relieved of a load of money, goods not sent and now he's not answering his phone! Someone else was complaining about something else bought from him which did turn up, but was a load of shit, completely unfit for purpose.

Yeah I think there are a few people in this situation!

I have worked on a few of these back in the mid 90's and have a perverse fondness for them.

I can still recall a hand painted beige and brown horse box version i had in for various bits and bobs to make ready for it's Ministry test.

King pins were on the list to do and i was expecting them to be right slags to change but unlike Sherpas and Transit king pins the Dodge ones were far better engineered and a doddle to fit just as well as it was too tall to get through the workshop doors so all work had to be done outside.

It's clutch once failed about a mile from my workshop and so i towed it in with my A reg Cavalier sri and can vouch that they are heavy buggers.

Oh yeah this one was straight six petrol engined.

Spoke too soon - looks like we're on again with this. Any shiters live near Leighton buzzard who might be able to give me a lift from the train station and/or some moral support next weekend?

Milton Keynes, so only a few miles up the road if needed.