Super-modern (2004) Honda Accord Saloon Manual 2.0pez 177k £300 Failed MOT, needs ARB bush and shocker. MOT End July still. Sheffield

tonedepear

Someone should buy this Today, Beat all other shiters, Pilot it to their local Civic authority area and bolster their Integra-ty. Inspire others with your Insight into Fit older cars. Dance the Concerto to a Ballade, you'll be in your Element.

Brand new car for £500, what do you want for nothing?

Eh! Have I got a bad rep. or something!

So, as you may have guessed I fixed up to take a look at this tdp is only a matter of minutes from Mrs Sparts place, so it worked out well. However, since this morning I've ended up replacing a wheel bearing and two tyres on my work van, only to discover on the way home that the advance solenoid is leaking and pissing diesel all over the place!

The upshot of this is I'm not immediately in position to buy the car, although I can confirm I would if I could! The bodywork is remarkably rust free and just needs a day detailing it, (yes, I know), to add an honest £200 of value. It drives well and seems pretty sprightly for a 'grown up car'.

Ummm, so I'm working nights and thought I'd stick it in for a test and see what came out.

This came out:

Date tested13 June 2018 FAIL
Mileage175,745 miles
MOT test number3046 7335 7396
Test locationunavailable until further notice
Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Nearside Rear All position lamps not working (4.2.1 (a))
  • Offside Rear All position lamps not working (4.2.1 (a))
  • Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar pin or bush excessively worn D bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Shock absorbers has a serious fluid leak (5.3.2 ( B))
  • Brake lever has insufficient reserve travel (1.1.2 (a))
  • Undertray insecure engine under shield tie wrapped up (8.1.1 ( B) (i))
Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
  • Battery insecure but not likely to fall from carrier (4.13 (a) (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))

Could be worse, 2 bulbs, shocker, twiddle the new caliper to adjust the handbrake (it's been high since it was put on, by same garage, but hey...) and a D shaped ARB on the back. We knew it could use a pair of tyres anyway.

Anyone want it? Offers considered. I don't have the mobility to do much more than the bulbs at the minute but it'd be a shame to spunk garage money at getting it through when many on here can probably do all this for the price of parts. 

• 1 month later...

I'm a real fan of this car.

Just been on ebay and looked at complete used suspension legs. Very reasonable.

Also had a look at youtube regarding fitting. Nothing scary to be had there. You don't even have to remove the hub from the driveshaft.

Piece of p**s really.

That arb 'd' bush, I'd say about 20-30 minutes to replace.

Aye, if I hadn't fucked my back up I'd have done the bush and the little bits already and would have just run it down the road for the shock cos I don't trust myself compressing springs without ending up with one through my face/next door's bedroom window or something.