Super-modern (2004) Honda Accord Saloon Manual 2.0pez 177k £300 Failed MOT, needs ARB bush and shocker. MOT End July still. Sheffield

tonedepear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK. this is still just sat on the drive, MOT less and will run out of insurance and tax at the end of the month. So before I try ebay *shudder* or car takeback (undeserving, it's too good for that) anyone want to make any horrendous low ball offers? If I'd just binned the tax and insurance off a few months back instead of keeping it road ready in case of sale it would have covered what I was hoping to get for it back then, so some remorse ongoing, but I'd really rather it went to someone who will use it.

save yourself from ebay and gumtree and bridge the fucker, other option is to MOT it, and sell for mega money. going on the prices of them you'd see £600+ this way. 

My accord was brilliant, I'd have another no questions, but with 3 MOT failures of my own and the loss of storage for one of my cars, the wife would probably kick me out.. 

save yourself from ebay and gumtree and bridge the fucker, other option is to MOT it, and sell for mega money. going on the prices of them you'd see £600+ this way. 

My accord was brilliant, I'd have another no questions, but with 3 MOT failures of my own and the loss of storage for one of my cars, the wife would probably kick me out.. 

I'd intended to test it and do exactly that, hence it still being here, but my post-surgery back won't allow me to do fuck all still, so it's just sat there. I even have an anti roll bar bush for it, so that just needs doing, + a shocker, + a couple of bulbs. And it would like front tyres but non-mot critical.

….My accord was brilliant, I'd have another no questions,....

This generation Accord really does look good, before Honda messed with its shape by adding bulk to the wheelarches.

If the diesel Borat wasn't still hanging on as if nothing could ever go wrong, I think I'd give this Accord consideration as a daily hack for work, and the boot looks big enough to contain my saddles and tack for weekends.

• 3 weeks later...

Now collected and driven home (to a pre booked MOT of course.....)

The perfect day out was had yesterday. The trains turned up... On time and got me there, err, on time. The sun shone, the birds sang and Tonedepear and lovely family were waiting there to collect me from the station. Can't thank him enough for his kindness and consideration on the sale of his car. This place etc.

The drive home (115 miles) was a pleasure. None of the usual M62 horrors and the car performed like something a tenth of it's age and mileage.

No collection pics or thread because am hopeless at that, being too focussed on the actual collection, but it all went perfectly.

Welcome to your new home Honda.