1. mrbenn

mrbenn

• Similar Content

• By mat_the_cat
      Thought I should probably start a thread, given that a few people have suggested it. For my sins, my first car was a 1985 Hyundai Stellar. Bought back in 1997, when the sun still shone, I had more hair, and the world was generally a better place.

This may be the earliest photo I have, I think from 1998:

Anyway, I drove everywhere in it, and clocked up over 100k miles before I was given an Alfa Romeo 75. So I took the Stellar off the road for some much needed TLC. Made some progress on it - Rebuilt all the suspension, fitted a rebuilt Cortina* rear axle, Princess 4 pot front calipers and Capri vented discs etc - before a couple of house moves and renovations put it on the back burner.

* before anyone says they are identical underneath, there are some differences. I fitted a replacement axle fairly early on in my ownership, only to fit that not only was the propshaft flange the wrong size, the UJ was totally different so I couldn't even fit a new yoke. Finding a company on the day before New Year's Eve who could cut off the end, weld a new UJ on and balance it wasn't too easy, especially one that was accessible by push bike!

Anyway, late last year I found some renewed motivation, and have been working on it when time and money permit. Here is what it looked like in October:

OMG barn find?

Front suspension OK at first glance...

...but it has turned out the calipers had seized (so are away being rebuilt) and all the (brand new) ball joint boots had perished:

Quite a bit of welding is needed too, but I had a setback just before Christmas when we were burgled and my welder stolen

Crusty roof rail

I've cleared some of the crap away from it now (it's not stored at mine - I'd love to own somewhere that big!) so might be able to get more photos. Currently working on the rear brakes, and disappointed to find that the shotblasted rear axle is now starting to rust after two coats of POR15 and 7 years storage under cover...

• By JoeyEunos
      Greetings all.

After lurking here for a short while, frankly liking what I see and enjoying the various shite, the site has well and truly struck a chord with me. I'm a serial buyer of ropey sub £1k vehicles, don't have to but genuinely enjoy it.

I feel like I might (Just might) have found my 'spiritual' home here

I've been posting across the web on owner specific forums (Usually using either my JoeyEunos or RandomPrecion handles) for a while now, but from here-on-in I will pull my threads together and merge them here into one ghastly topic.

My current steeds...

Lupo 1.7 SDI

SAM_5560 by

and the work/story so far...http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/102863-joeyeunoss-sdi-beater/

Golf Mk4 SDI

SAM_5531 by

and the thread.... http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/597074-project-slow/

Early (1989) Mk1 Eunos (This one was recently sold)

SAM_4656 by

the thread...http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213274

Other shite I've owned and moved on in the last year include this ropey Passat...

SAM_6011 by

and this legendary £300 Fiesta Finesse...

Festa by

Cars I'd like to own/actively looking for in the forthcoming weeks/months/years...

Rover 75 (Dizzler)
      Peugeot 405 (XUD)
      Mk1 Octavia (Estate/dizzler, pre pd or SDI)
      Honda CRV (Gen1)
      Volvo 240/850
    • By sutty2006
      Usually my comute to work is boring and miserable, especially in winter. All of 4 miles doesnt even get the old girl warm. But yesterdays antics saw an audi Q7 side swipe me when he realised he was in the wrong lane and was too lazy to go back round the roundabout.

Now, I know this community is vast, and wide..... Ive found a drivers door in silver, but he doesnt have the rear. Has anyone seen or heard of anyone breaking/or a carlton in a scrappy thats silver? if need be, I'll get the door painted if its the wrong colour. Insurance have been informed due to the ill temper he had when we stopped... and the fact that he thought i was in the wrong when actually, I was right. (dash cams, i recommend them)

And yes, my old chod has been injured...... but she will live on!