Panda Alessi: The Pandarin

Aston Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When pandas attack!!! Emotionally at least.

He’s been flat for a while, but will jump. At least he did a fortnight ago. I decide to jump it and take it for a run. I get 20 feet “abs failure, power steering failure, ebd failure "

I have no power steering, which is fun... 

It probably needs a new battery, however the earth-to-gearbox strap corrode.  Which requires removal of the battery tray and I can't be bothered.  I'll try and trickle charge the battery overnight.

I left it idling for 15 minutes... eat my co2 Greta Cuntberg and he wouldn't start.

I do earn brownie points for this tri-Panda shot.

EF3FED95-95D8-4815-BEDE-39381F6C05C1.jpeg

10CBD078-E6B2-4842-9267-B107BE37E6B1.jpeg

C1B2B6DE-570C-4AFA-ABA0-AAC1DCA887B8.jpeg

I found with mine that changing the battery sorted it but in true style it paid me back by then doing the same thing about a week later and never again until I changed the battery for a new one when once more it  went about a week until it did the same thing. Mine has an alarm fitted which also drains the battery quite quickly to give added hilarity.

It could just be the system sorting itself out with a change of battery  as they seem to like a bit of Italian drama.

New batteries are cheap enough  so I go for that option ASAP otherwise you are likely to have all of the fun* in a short while.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kringle said:

I'm messaging her now. Free train travel for me so distance isn't too much of a problem!

Could be steering pump, maybe even top mounts not sure yet.

Ah amazing, I’m interested but sadly away this week. I’d love it if you don’t. 

She's only been doing 1500-2000 miles a year. However, the car hasn't been cleaned or maybe moved in a while due to the moss everywhere.

Needs a new front bumper, it's a standard Panda one. What intrigues me is the lack of lacquer peel. All orange ones have peel ?

If it were listed as an Alessi, she might get more for it...

The old battery was a Lion eurocarwanks special I assume. It sloshed about like buggary. The new battery is smaller and yet has 4ah more. ?

He didn't fire up straight away and "ABS/EBD FAILURE ENGINE OFF IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!?!?!!?!?!!?"  So, I turned the engine off and on..., "ABS EBD failure, the car is going to explode, engine fucking off!!!!!!!!!"

I tried lock to lock and it did nothing, I drove 10 feet and the lights vanished. Here's the thing, the car feels soo much lighter than the 4x4. It actually moves from a standstill, unlike the 4x4. The brakes are binding to hell and I need to lob some air in the tyres. I may treat him to a £10 car wash.