Panda Alessi: The Pandarin

Aston Martin

That’s a bastard.  Someone hit mine, I haven’t reported it to the insurance yet as I could do without my daily being written off at the moment.

Hopefully the main frame is still straight so some second hand panels and a few afternoons see I think straight again.  Do you know if FFS has the other drivers details or was it a hit and run?

1 hour ago, Parky said:

That’s a bastard.  Someone hit mine, I haven’t reported it to the insurance yet as I could do without my daily being written off at the moment.

Hopefully the main frame is still straight so some second hand panels and a few afternoons see I think straight again.  Do you know if FFS has the other drivers details or was it a hit and run?

Coppers chasing some scumbag apparently. He hasn't seen the car yet as he's away.

In happy Panpan news,  my clutch master arrived in a shagged box.  It's fine and it arrives prefilled with brake fluid, which is odd. Eurocarwanks have my service parts and slave cylinder to collect.

I'm not doing it until Saturday, however tomorrow night the East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club. Yes, even more pretentious than you think. Are having the usual event at a golf club around the corner.

Now my car isn't 20 years old, so i can't join be on the green, nor am I a member which allows cars of 15 years old. So, I'll be in the car park. The woman who turns up in the standard Golf mk4, not a GTI or anything!!! is allowed on the grass... and I am not bitter. 

Because my life is miserable....

I went to grab the jack, nope, turns out someone lobbed it a few months back as it was shagged. Where are the axle stands? Between the shed and next doors fence behind countless bikes. So, Halfords have a jack for £35, axle stands for £18, or this big set for £59. Which is what I got.

I move the car from one bay to another, imagine my delight as I see 700 gallons of wetness trailing from where I was parked to where I moved it to. OK, it's clean water which isn't the worst sign. Ah, literally two inches of water under the windscreen.  There are these "duck bill" rubber pieces that are supposed to drain the water but always get clogged. The rain over the past few days created my very own lake.

I have every tool known to man, except I couldn't get in the bastard shed for fishing gear and boxes of screws. So, my day consisted of using anything I could. To get all the jobs done, including shagging two screwdrivers to get the oil filter off. 

I look at the spark plugs and they need changing and Eurocarparts said these were correct, after spending a few minutes struggling. I discover that their plugs are slightly fatter than mine, I get there and no fucking apology, but the plugs I need are more expensive.... Which is nice.

I dropped my 13mm socket, into the used oil. The clutch master has a tiny plastic clip that I lost whilst faffing with the pipes. That also ended up in the oil.

Anyway, oil and filter, plugs, air filter and pollen filter changed.

Clutch master and slave cylinders changed.

P.s. I also saw a Panda Mamy today.

B9D2702D-2E19-4E3E-8190-77F35AC6C062.jpeg

EF9B92E1-EC0F-4ED5-B31F-6CA8DDCAB1F1.jpeg