Panda Alessi: The Pandarin

Aston Martin

1 hour ago, Aston Martin said:

I need some 3m adhesive pads to put the new rear arch on, any thoughts? 

Sikaflex 252 would be my suggestion. My whole camper body is bonded together with it. 

Don't get it on the paintwork though, if you do, wait for it to dry before trying to get it off.

ForFiatsSake figured out the name of the stuff I needed to stick the arch back. 3M foam tape. Which is arriving tomorrow from Amazon. If I finish work early tomorrow then I shall be bringing the car home. If not it'll be Saturday.

Rear arch will be refitted, wheeltrims back on. I can't remember if I fitted the new wing mirror or not.... and several hours of cleaning..

Hopefully Sunday, I shall be poncing about.

The plan was tomorrow. But I got absolutely fucked about at work. So I collected it tonight so I don't have to drive for two days.

It's done 270 miles in 18 months and then I did 75 miles home today. I'm not suggesting I did 80 all the way home, but the Panda did well considering it hasn't really moved.

The car is filthy with dirt and tar as expected. Hoping to clean it tomorrow.

Hypothetically, if your friend has a mk6 Fezza 1.25 and you end the motorway 50 zone and decide to race. 50-70 Panpan wins, then sadly the Fezza just stomps it above 70.

I laugh everytime I see this stupid thing. 

CF2AB1D8-87E5-4982-AAD4-8C6523FD3DAF.jpeg

My mum liked it, but then she also said I was an "attention seeking, sad-sack"

I'm currently waiting for Halfords to open so I can spend many more pounds on cleaning stuff. 

I need to fit the new wing mirror and the interior smells fusty.

The clutch pedal sticks occasionally, I'm hoping it's because of lack of use and I forgot these don't come with a locking fuel cap.

6 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

The air con needs a regas. There's a £48 Groupon antibac bollocks thing which doesn't seem too bad.

Because I have no servix history. I whipped the pollen filter out... I'll be changing oil, plugs and all filters next weekend.

E007F271-384C-4D0C-B49B-C18FE1EA165F.jpeg

Looks like it's been working, maybe not so much now!

1 hour ago, vulgalour said:

I was confused for a minute there, I thought something bad had happened to the original pandarin, when what you've gone and done is bought yourself another one?  Nice work.

This is still the same one, but it's finally with me. It was hidden away for 18 months.

The car is currently in ATS undergoing the Groupon Air-con recharge. I expect them to tell me it needs brakes all around and a new engine. Having said that the Hull ATS, seems to have good reviews online.

I also bought some primer, some white paint and a small white plastic sink. Which is hopefully my weekend project....

I think I'm having a senior moment because I was sure this was a different car to the one that started the thread, but it's not is it?  Anyway, what you really need to do is go and buy a green one and get suitable personal plates for them, 71C and 74C probably the best for that particular brace since money is obviously no obstacle in this particular fantasy scenario.

4 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

I think I'm having a senior moment because I was sure this was a different car to the one that started the thread, but it's not is it?  Anyway, what you really need to do is go and buy a green one and get suitable personal plates for them, 71C and 74C probably the best for that particular brace since money is obviously no obstacle in this particular fantasy scenario.

Same car.

5386ADDE-4643-4653-8F3F-864DEE656DEC.jpeg

7B2AD1B3-6C28-4ED7-87C7-CAAEB08AAC16.jpeg

On 9/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, Aston Martin said:

Skydome can fuck itself. :(

Spent 10 seconds removing the headliner (properly) spent the rest of my life figuring out how to remove the bastard roof.

I failed, the only torx bolts remove accessories. Such as the blind rails etc. I manually opened the roof expecting hidden bolts... And nothing.

Theres definitely glue holding it down. But it can't be 100% glued and nothing else?

P.s. I managed to get the passenger door mirror.

post-8806-0-28491100-1538054289_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-68735100-1538054320_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-47702200-1538054342_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-12973500-1538054389_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-06740400-1538054408_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-11661200-1538054428_thumb.jpeg

post-8806-0-14057700-1538054450_thumb.jpeg

I've finally checked the workshop manual, its definitely glued down.

Untitledxxx.png

I attempted to make the little men out of a small plastic sink.

But, then I got a bollocking for using a knock-off plug in Dremel in the kitchen which now looked like a cloud of plastic dust.

If I had the tools or any talent, it would work. But the plastic is maybe 2mm thick and even a small adjustment would take a while.

My next attempt is going to be one of these type of lids. Thin enough that hopefully I can use a craft knife and be able to breathe afterwards.

A6C78E92-1B0D-436D-8A8B-C3FAFC14D430.png