Panda Alessi: The Pandarin

Aston Martin

I'm not sure at what point I should mention that I've only driven the car around the block once since I've owned it... It's been taxed and MOT'd for months and hasn't turned a wheel.

I've had a replacement passenger wing mirror in the boot of the Cactus for weeks and I've yet to try the Cross lights.

I believe next Saturday, I'm going to collect it and run out to see the Harmonic Cheeseburger, who lives about 30 miles away from the Panda. As I really need to give the car a run.

The problem is, after driving 1500+ miles a week, it's a 3 hour round trip to mess with the car.

The car has done 4 miles since May 2018....

Today I decided it needed a run as I had to pop and see Harmonic Cheeseburger. I wanted to test fit the Cross lights, to which For Fiat Sake said "are they the same loom?"

Are they buggary. The normal panda has one connector with 5 pins, I found an unused connector with 2 pins. However the Cross is a 4 pin and a 3 pin with different wire colours.

Theres barely a handbrake, it's been stored in gear. But the handbrake barely had one notch and needs slackening. I try to set off and the brake bulb blows... I change that and set off and it says the indicator has blown. But then it said it hadnt.

The brakes were rusty and the wipers were shagged (despite him charging me for a new blade at mot station)

After avoiding several thousand sheep and the most amount of roadworks ever seen, I arrived at Harmonic Cheeseburgers and saw his K11. Which was a nice little micra. Not pink as they all are.

On the way back I decided not to visit the set of the Last Of the Summer Wine and go via the m62. The car managed an indicated 82 mph and apart from getting blown about a bit, it didn't miss a beat.

I did about 50+ miles today and mk3s have the best gear change.

post-8806-0-44930300-1548512765_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuck me, two in one week?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-panda-eleganza-alessi-edition-very-very-rare/163626202606?hash=item2618e1b5ee:g:93YAAOSwuVpcnkiS

Eleganza alessi edition. Very rare produced for the Toyoko moto show 2006. Possibly the only one in the country. Fab condition inside and out. 59000 miles. Sadly spare key and service lost. (could turn up).

I dunno where to start. I guess I'll just say "No little men"

post-8806-0-93250800-1554219020_thumb.jpeg

Fuck me, two in one week?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-panda-eleganza-alessi-edition-very-very-rare/163626202606?hash=item2618e1b5ee:g:93YAAOSwuVpcnkiS

I dunno where to start. I guess I'll just say "No little men"

Imagine just for a second that one of these was very appealing... is that the kind of price one should pay?

• 1 month later...

Spotted an Orange/White Alessi on FB marketplace a few days ago. Scottish registered on an 06 plate if memory serves. I forgot to take a screenshot and it disappeared quickly, but this one remains on there. Same car as posted on eBay above. 

39F81A4F-FF2F-4BF9-905F-F4FB305000D7.png

• 4 weeks later...

Re YR06 it was me that bought it. The clutch was slipping so badly it wasn’t going to make it out of the railway station car part at Merthyr let alone home to Blackpool. Extended my stay by one night and had a new clutch dropped in and couple top mounts. Drove back a treat after that. Missing one hub cap, all the Alessi men valve covers, lacquer pm roof and bonnet peeling but that’s all that’s worth noting. During my unexpected 24h in Merthyr I tracked down the previous elderly owner who hacked it in to a local dealer 3 months ago and recovered the second key and service history so that made it worth the stay. 

John. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 7:04 PM, alessipanda said:

Re YR06 it was me that bought it. The clutch was slipping so badly it wasn’t going to make it out of the railway station car part at Merthyr let alone home to Blackpool. Extended my stay by one night and had a new clutch dropped in and couple top mounts. Drove back a treat after that. Missing one hub cap, all the Alessi men valve covers, lacquer pm roof and bonnet peeling but that’s all that’s worth noting. During my unexpected 24h in Merthyr I tracked down the previous elderly owner who hacked it in to a local dealer 3 months ago and recovered the second key and service history so that made it worth the stay. 

John. 

Missing hub caps, little men and colossal lacquer peel? 

Sounds like an Alessi.

For various reasons this car has been hidden away at ForFiatsSakeseses house since May 2018. 

MOT is due in two weeks, I dunno how many miles the car has done, as I think John has occasionally used it to bomb about in.  But it'd surprise me if it's done more than 200 miles since May 2018.

I shall be liberating the car shortly and it's looking a bit sorry for itself. As it's currently without its wheeltrims and I believe I ripped the knackered wheel arch off and left it. I'm desperate to try and wax 'n polish the car. It's still not getting a respray/possible skydome until the Cactus goes back in December, but I think the people of Hull are ready to see the Peaches and Cream.