Scirocco automatic; SOLD OUT!!! Being drawn Weds 13/6 - £300 alternative prize

doubleyeller

Hi all

You may or mayn't remember this inglorious basterd from a month or two ago. Me and my mate got it as a doer-upper but the upshot of it all is that it doesn't want to live, ungrateful turd that it is, so does someone else fancy a dose of misery?
We've cured the starting issue with new dizzy cap and rotor arm, a refurbished starter motor and push button starting has been installed. It now starts 100%. The problem now is that the lights/wipers/horn all work as and when the fancy takes. WTF? Probably a poor earth. Price is slightly higher but doesn't come close to the spend. Come on a fine day and you can drive it away no worries as it now drives 100%. Reasons for selling?
1) We're bored
2) No room for it indoors and someone has put the rear quarter window through twice now where it's parked (since replaced)
I've had the starter refurbished andpost-20279-0-93729900-1527017553_thumb.jpgpost-20279-0-93913100-1527017575_thumb.jpg

This is quite an attractive fun car if you are any good at electrics you will have a good time with her, I'll be bound. Only 4 GL Automatics left too - could be worth a bob or two in the years to come, who knows?
MOT January 2019
Location Shipley West Yorkshire
Price £650

ROFFLE TICKETS £11 EACH

post-20279-0-82990100-1527017611_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty cool car, I wish I was moved into my new unit cos I'd love to sort something like that out - Electrical problems on 80s vehicles are very rewarding.

I think it all boils down to a problem earth somewhere. Be a shame if it has to go for scrap, very rare car even when current, what with the single wiper, automatic box and velour interior, but it keeps getting vandalised when I leave it outside and I've nowhere to garage it so.....

I like the look of these lower-spec early Mk2 Sciroccos much more than the later flashy ones... ver' nice.

Tragically, Sciroccos and Capris are on Mrs DC's "anything but that" list, and I need a problem-child car like I need a hole in the head...

But I imagine someone will bite your arm off for a retro Dub like this one before too long. Can't see it hanging around!

They're not as a rule - only the first 6 months of production carried it over from the MK1 I believe

I had one on a Y plate with a single wiper.

It's wearing the wrong (later) steering wheel, could that be causing the problem with the horn & wiper?

Ok then folks, sale has fallen through  :rolleyes: , and it needs gone, so roffle it is at £11 a ticket for this fine steed. Anyone fancy a turn?

It's really a bargain for £650, not seeing any MOT'd MK2 Sciroccos at anything much under £1500 these days - and certainly nothing as presentable or as rare as an automatic! If anyone fancies buying it outright then just let me know - it's a lot of fun to drive!

Just to reiterate, due to many hours of swearing and hard graft on our part, she now runs 100% but axillaries are temperamental and intermittent (presumed earth problem). So come with a trailer or come on a fine day when you won't need the wipers and can safely drive it home pmsl  ;-)

That looks lovely - you say multiple electrical things stop working at the same time?

Does it stop running/starting too?

Nope! It was having running / starting problems, but we've had the starter refurbed, installed push button starter, cleaned up the carb, fitted new dizzy cap and new rotor arm. Now starts and runs sweet as a nut.

It's just a case of sorting out the electrical issue(s) now. I'm guessing this car has hardly been used since 1995 or something

I want to keep it, but some twat keeps breaking into it to try and hot-wire  it. I'm guessing that soon they're going to either spot the button starter or torch it out of spite. Sick of sourcing new rear quarter windows and haven't got room for it indoors indefinitely, so it's got to go unfortunately :(

Awww man it goes on a classic policy too (£195.... FUCKING cheap for me)

Anyone fancy dumping this in gloucester for me?

Lol yeah insurance is cheap as chips for me too.

I just want a car I can use in all weathers ideally  :shock:

It's got just about a full tank if that helps you on your return journey. Just like I say though......pick a fine day!