Skirting the Edge

pbottomley

One week to go my fellow shitters, the Malt Loaf is buttered, the route is planned and as for meet up's I am going to call these the day before purely as weather, car, me and or anything else that gets in my way may change plans.

Dont feel left out if you live inland, images and reports will be posted (each day I hope) of said journey.

Less of a Kollection Fred more of a Bumble to the Beech.

Sounds like a fun trip.

Im based near the Devon Cornwall border straight off the A39 and will be about if you fancy a brew or any other local shitters fancy meeting up somewhere on route.

Nothing car related usually happens round here and I work from home so can skive off whenever I please,

Ahh it wouldn't be a autoshite trip without trouble, guess what ? I found what I thought was a leaking hose yesterday, looked at it today, crack in the sodding radiator!!!

Found a replacement but its in Southend and I start in 12 hours time, so its K seal to the rescue and hope it holds for the first five days before I swap it for the replacement.

-b-k-seal-water-sealer-1233-p.jpg

WCPGW    :shock:

Right it has been a few days since i did an update, I am now in Gravesend (Kent) and the car ist going okay. The leaky Radiator has magically stopped leaking thanks to Mr K and this Seal  :-D ​The route planning is too strict in places, as the first two days were killers 12 hours and 11.5 hours of driving. Cornwall is not to be underestimated (mainly due to the traffic on silly small roads) . The third and fourth day (today) have bene much easier as the roads are better, the hills less vertical (had a 30% in Cornwall) But i am sick of the sight of pebbles!!!!!

Many updates on my blog : https://www.annteak.com/2018/06/

No meet ups as the sheer effort of getting the route done is taking longer than i expected and to stop and gas bag with some of you just costs me time i don't have, sorry guys.... solo and focussed is the name of the game. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: 

Word of advice Eastbourne is to be avoided under all situations.... smell of death!

41931200574_039f0656af_c.jpg20180604_170410 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

The Lizard

41931211184_228f812623_c.jpg20180605_072439 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

Beech, seen one seen them all 

27780403147_6a19136590_c.jpg20180606_102526 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

More on todays gander on my blog, the south coast is done, half of east Anglia is now done, just the rest to do!! Tomorrow i head to Spurn head, a shorter day but that's okay as I am on track. Note i lost a hubcap today, doubled back and collected it mind....

https://www.annteak.com/skirting-the-edge-leg-5/

28805971708_127135ff6b_b.jpg20180608_161444 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

It's official I am not half way yet, 1900 miles on the clock and now about to scrum a Bacon sandwich on the A1 by the turning for Holy Island, I like Northumberland the beeches are good and the sand is very soft. The rest of today shall be a bible along the coast to my overnight in Mussleborough Scotland. No major issues at all, seems the car likes the journey, and it's comfy..

I am now in the Land of square sausage, in Peterhead in fact, yes i know its too early for shitfest, but the route is planned and i have to stick to it (so i keep telling myself) . Saw some seals shouting at each other, alas my photskills and a phone camera make it look like little black specs on a beech form miles off.... Had a nice lunch at the beech, all in all a great day. Car by the way behaves....

https://www.annteak.com/skirting-the-edge-leg-9/

if you are going to use a ferry one might as well use the shittiest one in the UK, The Cromarty ferry maxs out at two cars, and you have to reverse off up a wet jetty, after grounding the front bumper on the ship ramp cause its steep, whilst its bobbing about in the water....

41876097585_24d59afb93_b.jpg35148729_10215270402166267_6236378073835503616_n by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

Tonight is my last night in Scotland, I am in Stranraer now, so its the coast road East tomorrow AM , and Scarryport tomorrow night, 3450 miles so far... whoever said six days and a sleeping bag has no idea just how far this is!!! i still have all of wales , the lakes, Liverpool and the Blackpool areas to go, 8 more days i think....and this is day 14 for me so far ..

​The car has become predictably reliable, unlike the German Camper van Drivers who indicate after they turn then look like thunder when you complain about it... Its like a beech resort in carparks except towels are camper vans... All German and driven at 18mph in 30mph zones and 21mph on all other roads, and to stop you overtaking driven with the white line in the middle of the camper (rant over).

28987937068_6ccab6aa62_c.jpg20180613_143646 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

28987941958_87178d09d0_c.jpg20180615_111720 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

42860458581_fb61acd31c_c.jpg20180617_165709 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

And Scotland is no more!!! Left the country around 2:30pm after skirting the Galloway coast all morning (its a long way) I am now NOT IN maryport as the B&B looked shit, so I am in the Travelodge in Cockermouth (jokes welcome).

Here I am this morning at the Mull of Galloway (no Gerorge to be found)

42880039991_63cd676bfe_c.jpg20180618_083641 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

Horrid day, endlessly circling Morecombe bay, never again...

​Anyways can you guess where I am?

42856168972_e98557b398_c.jpgP1000361 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

Another poxie day tomorrow of following the coast but blocked form it, this time endless Golf Clubs and Scousser Land, worse still Wirral!!!! Soon to me in lovely Wales..

​Today Is Tuesday, I think I will be passing the INVACAR some time Thursday, time wise NO FIGGIN idea LOL

Today is Wednesday, and its day 18, I have polished off England and Scotland and the land of Wales is now last on the list of places to skirt!

I am now in Llandudno and the sun is out, its a very pleasant afternoon. I hope this keeps up as tomorrow is a long one, 270 miles, I think this will be a hard one... But once in Fishguard I know its two more days and it is over. That's doesn't include Anglesey (I am missing this bit because well.... I can)

​Ive hit 4000 miles today, so with the 270 tomorrow, the 250 or so miles after that back to the start point, I will be around the 4600 miles, which is stupid for a holiday LOL.

Great Orm carpark at the summit this afternoon

41112865700_dc95a8c386_c.jpg20180620_145617 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

whoever said six days and a sleeping bag has no idea just how far this is!!!

It took me 4 days of driving to just go around the Scottish coast in the CiviCamper!

On a lot of the smaller roads in the Highlands and west coast it's impossible to make good time, even without the German/Dutch campers.

Its the last night of the trip :( I am in St Clears Camarthernshireville and tomorrow its just the Gower and Barry Island, the rest I am sure will be nightmares as its Cardiff and Swansea... I should be back at the start I think for late Afternoon, where I shall celebrate by getting the fuck out of those services ASAP and going somewhere nice. Not sure where yet.

​Tractor shite for today included this nice beastie

42235167314_b1154f5801_c.jpgP1000378 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

4607 miles is the final number!!!!one has made the entire journey in a modern shite and as expected by others (not me) everything went as with no dramas other than of my own making. 20 days non stop in a Cube, might needs some time apart now!!!

42051929775_c41ee4b47e_c.jpgP1000369 by paul.bottomley, on Flickr