Rover R8 216/416 automatic

Ghosty

As some will know I've decided I want another R8 216, I miss my last one.

Good condition preferred, will pay decent prices up to low four figures but hoping to spend around £850. 

Must be automatic.

Early car with leather interior vastly preferred, alloys desirable but not essential. Colour no object but preferably just not silver.

Will consider 400s if the right spec comes up.

Distance no object. 

My eyes are wide open, Facebook/Gumtree/Auto Trader/C&C/eBay etc, if anyone sees anything (or has one!) please let me know.

I'm aware of all of the above - I'm on the 200 forum now. It seems I live very close to another member as I regularly see what turns out to be his wife's 600, and he's spotted me in my old 200 before as well.

The green 216 seems nice but I suspect it's manual. My old on specified '216 SLI AUTO' on the V5 and Cartell, and Cartell just says '216 SLI' for that one. I've PM'd the seller regardless.

I don't want a Tomcat tbh, it's a pretty pointless trade as it's no more practical, and I miss the flexibility of the hatchback as it could do everything you could possibly want a car to. also I don't really want another silver one. I'd sooner keep the Prelude if that was the case.

Concerto is OK but I prefer the styling of the R8, and the memories I have attached to my old one.

I'm being picky but it's a car I want to keep for a long time.

£2k is too much. Not a nice colour either, and the driver's seat is horribly dirty.

That silver car is nice, it's been on and off eBay for a couple of weeks. Would, but it's manual.

Similarly there's a GTI twincam on Gumtree which is perfect except it being manual.

Bramz, if you're selling and I've not sorted something, let me know.

Bump just to say: my insurance renewal is up in August, so ideally I'd like to find something by then. It's okay if it's a stopgap as it'd save me paying out more than I have to - a 200 would knock quite a bit off my current premium.

I've had trouble getting classic policies up to now Pug 405 too new, 740 too high cylinder capacity, and I'm generally being told 30 years minimum for run of the mill cars. I could try but I'm not sure it'd work - too new is a likely reason.

I can't really keep 2 cars either.

I've had trouble getting classic policies up to now Pug 405 too new, 740 too high cylinder capacity, and I'm generally being told 30 years minimum for run of the mill cars. I could try but I'm not sure it'd work - too new is a likely reason.

I can't really keep 2 cars either.

Lancaster (Zenith) covered my 1998 216 cabby no probs

STOP THE PRESSAGE

Look what I can haz founded for you

Sexy Nightfire GSi Action with Bader and Giffermiles

Everything but the leather.  But that can be found and easily fitted, as I have done to mine

Untitled.png

15" Alloys are also given away for pennies these days.  Even I have a spare set

Observed! It's a nice car and a bloody good example - alas the facelift 400 just really isn't to my taste, I vastly prefer grey bumper cars.

Controversial opinion: I don't like Nightfire.

I don't like Nightfire.

Shocker!   :shock:

Your brief was no silver! It's red, proper metallic red and lovely

download.png

{As an aside] To give you an idea on how things are going in the R8 world recently:  I went to four breaker yards today and not one had an R8. Five years ago we were tripping over them....   Parts are getting scarce: my 420 has seized rear calipers, no motor factor had next-day stock and even ECP had one last set over 6 branches.  £180 plus £65 exchange fee... GSF wanted almost £100 more.  This all happened in the last 36 hours too