Do people buy caravans to convert vans to mobile homes anymore?

sutty2006

Did you get a NCC service sheet and damp report? I've seen some a lot worse repaired, then sold for a goodprice. Caravanning is going ballistic and anything will sell.

Here is a £24000 van, less than a year old.. 

post-62-0-85793500-1526492504_thumb.jpg

The only ones I really saw being written off if there were still £££ to be made were Lunars, the body breaks away from the chassis and the whole caravan basically has to come apart to repair it.

Post your van up on the self build campervanners bit on Facebook. People are always looking for old vans to rip the insides out..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263699148194

Decided to chuck it on eBay with the imminent arrival of the new caravan, don’t really want two on the driveway so it goes to the highest bidder. What are the chances I get royally fucked over and messed about? Quite high possibly. Let’s see what happens.

Just got back from a lovely weekend away in the caravan. Will be sad to see it go (already being fucked about by spam bidders on ebay). Heres to the next one, may it be trouble free and full of memories ...... ooo errrrr......

post-17429-0-37405700-1526907549_thumb.jpg

I bought a caravan for 20 quid not long ago. It had been left in storage for 10 years and the owner had died so it had to be disposed of. Hardly used but full of moss, no keys and totally rotten around the front window- basically scrap. A good scrub with water and bleach and it looked pretty smart underneath the undergrowth. A guy came up from Essex to Stoke to buy it and paid 250 squid for it. I was gobsmacked! He was going to use it as accommodation for when he goes drag racing at Santa Pod. 

Basically, if you have an old caravan with a damp problem someone will probably buy it for something other than holidays, site accommodation, sporting event accommodation, that sort of thing. Certainly beats dumping it in a layby.

I love this one, its a real nice place to be in. Doesnt smell of damp, fags, dog, damp dog or anything like that. Said to future mrs sutty that its been a great van for what we've needed. No doubt it will do someone as a sited van or similar... I just dont want the hassle of non paying bidders, etc etc that can potentially elongate the sale. already removed 2 spam bids, just got to keep my beedy eyes on it. Currenty sitting at £410, so its not far off what I want for it.

To answer the question the thread poses...

attachicon.gif20180414_173046_HDR.jpg

Yes.

People do buy old caravans to convert vans into campers. I did.

I have another fairly large caravan in stock also.

I just need a luton van to wang all the bits into. Anyboby seen anything ridiculously cheap and/or Shite?

Thats ace!!!!!