barefoot

Barefoot T2 disaster!

That is a reversing sensor. Apparently if you listen to them they buzz. The one that doesn't buzz can be replaced by that bad boy.

A French luxobarge with totally wrong engine and gearbox that has done stupid miles. How Autoshite.

Mr B Foot mentioned that when he has had his french fancy fill then it is likely to be Roffled again.

Does it still sound chronically sick when idling, until you floor the clutch? Or has the thrust bearing been done now?

Agreed about the engine - it complains bitterly about being asked to rev a lot. I found I was content to not do so.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Does it still sound chronically sick when idling, until you floor the clutch? Or has the thrust bearing been done now?

Yes and no.

Aside from fiddling with EPB, fitting new front brake pads and fitting new track rod ends (may need alignment) all I have done is fill it up with pez and a touch of oil

Just googled potato and butter pie. Massive want for one now. Seems they are a Lancashire thing.

Yep ... Butter pies are a massive thing round here.

Win a Moog roffle and you can have one.

I would post but not sure it would make it without squishing

Mr B Foot mentioned that when he has had his french fancy fill then it is likely to be Roffled again.

This will definitely be making its way back into the fold via another raffle. I currently have six cars, four of which are taxed/insured.

I also have parking for just three. I've read so much about large French cars on here, Goona, Safrane, 405/406 that I just needed to try one.

The fair wife hasn't seen it in the flesh yet, I'm hoping to charm her with the interior clock...

But fuck me it's huge!

Butter pies..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

First met them at Chorley.......asked WTF they were, to be told...Its like a meat and potato pie with out either in it!!  (No I didnt get it either) 

BUT they are GORGEOUS  .. ended up bringing a tray back for wife , friends etc..

Lovely..but just don't ask about the calories!!!!

I always liked the Vel Satis and Avantime, they were different to everything else. Not just a bit different, but totally different. Sadly most people would rather have a bog standard BMW with nothing, than a fully loaded outsider like these. I accept depreciation and build quality would not be like the BMW either, but why follow the herd? 

Here's a couple of pictures taken just now showing the spectacular interior lighting.

fj82K9q.jpg

DApyR3p.jpg

VUlHnZq.jpg

The clock is a vision in lilac, but it's a sod to capture on 127 Kodak film.

LfLz4Os.jpg

Today I drove to work in

a Corsa C...

...automatic

...with a transmission so neglected that after i changed the fluid, what came out on the stick was still the colour of gravy

Damn, I want that Renner back so bad

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Great stuff! Have you calculated the running total of your overall roffle investment to date? :)

No, because it would make me poorly.

If they weren't so hideous, I'd love a Vel Satis. (Speaking as someone with a Citroen C4 Coupe)

'The problem with the Vel Satis is that it's just not ugly enough', design commentator Stephen Bayley.

I always liked the Vel Satis and Avantime, they were different to everything else. Not just a bit different, but totally different. Sadly most people would rather have a bog standard BMW with nothing, than a fully loaded outsider like these. I accept depreciation and build quality would not be like the BMW either, but why follow the herd?

It's like Patrick Le Quément started from a different place, and finished where no one had ever been before. It's a real shame that it's all so badly made.

I love to look at it, and sit in it. It's a bit dull to drive though!

My Avantime was probably the dullest, most disappointing drive of my bad hair life.

That 2.0 Pez Turbo felt like a gruff anchor after a decade of italianate motoring

Up until it started its devious work of limpmoding in dangerous situations

Which is why we should all get one

#43 please!

Am so jealous

Both the Avantime and Vel Satis need to be in V6 flavours for me. Avantime being the great L7X as used in the 406/407/C5/Laguna II and others. While the Vel Satis was treated to the Nissan sourced 3.5 V6 as used in the 350z/Espaces/others.

The V6 Avantime I drove was souless, slow and felt nothing special

I'd rather Stick a Busso in a Multipla, getting a fun driving car, one you can see out of properly, with an engine worth having. Saying that, I have had a beer.

So this morning I took it out for a bit of a drive. It's all well & good doing 80 odd miles on a motorway in top with the cruise control, but this morning I took it out through some lanes and villages. I keep firing it up and then putting my foot on the brake pedal, it really should be an automatic!

It really does ride very smoothly, the Jaguar has the edge but it cost twice as much. Occasionally the suspension appears to crash, but after the bump, in a  most disconcerting fashion. Will tells me that the tyres are made of hard Chinese plastic in place of the more traditional soft rubber,  so I didn't really hoon or press on, but I did find myself travelling rather quickly at times.

As a place to be it's great, I spent a while sitting in the back earlier and that's very pleasant too. I love this, my very first French car.

The only apparent downside is the engine/transmission. The engine makes a dull growling noise, it's the only four valve per cylinder that I've ever driven that doesn't encourage you to rev it. But it's also surprisingly torquey for a sixteen valver at lower revs. 

The transmission is not the smoothest, it's quite jerky, although I concede that could well be my unfamiliarity. There are six closely spaced gears. Potentially I'm guessing that you could make this travel with great alacrity - if you were deaf and lacked any kind of mechanical sympathy. I've not experienced any kind of misfire and the cruise control works fine.

Here's a quick pic to be going on with, I shall persuade the fair wife to do a bit of Woolarding when she gets home at lunchtime as per Wilson squared.

9xMvmrQ.jpg