barefoot

Barefoot Fuckity, Fuckity Fuck!

Might be worth going whole hog and getting a delphi ds150e knock off if you have a laptop of some description to plug it into? If you're paying a tenner a go to have it plugged in and clear the code it'll pay for itself in 3 goes?

I have a Macbook with a USB, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

I keep seeing great piles of cables, any chance you could send me a link for the one to buy?

Many thanks.

Whoever invented the EPB should be put in a rocket aimed directly at the sun

What pisses me off most about them is the name suggests something that the Starship Enterprise was fitted with and they work using some sort of magic space crystals that were found on Planet Moon. The reality is some pitiful collection of an old wiper motor, a spring drive, some cables and a few plastic cogs deemed too useless for 944 sunroofs all held together inside a plasic box which is now probably filled with rusty water which just yanks on the same cable that the handbrake lever did. A truly disgusting bit of design.   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-KITS-CDP-BLUETOOTH-USB-FOR-DELPHI-DS150E-2015R3/223264875029?hash=item33fb9fa215:g:11kAAOSwzcNcAXAG

One of those is the updated version of what I have, and is yet to be defeated. Mine only goes up to 2013 I think.

As far as i'm aware its a windows application, and really wants installing on a laptop that isn't used for anything else - god knows what malware comes bundled in with the cracked Delphi software. You could likely get away with an old windows 7 laptop from ebay, it doesn't need to be very good spec if the only thing it does is gets wheeled out for diagnostics every so often (or every other day in your case!). Just something with a windows operating system and a CD/DVD drive and you're in business.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-KITS-CDP-BLUETOOTH-USB-FOR-DELPHI-DS150E-2015R3/223264875029?hash=item33fb9fa215:g:11kAAOSwzcNcAXAG

One of those is the updated version of what I have, and is yet to be defeated. Mine only goes up to 2013 I think.

As far as i'm aware its a windows application, and really wants installing on a laptop that isn't used for anything else - god knows what malware comes bundled in with the cracked Delphi software. You could likely get away with an old windows 7 laptop from ebay, it doesn't need to be very good spec if the only thing it does is gets wheeled out for diagnostics every so often (or every other day in your case!). Just something with a windows operating system and a CD/DVD drive and you're in business.

OK, a big thank you. I have one ordered.

In addition to a couple of Macs, we have a Windows 7 laptop that hasn't been connected to the interweb for years,

it just sees occasional use as a DVD player.

Give me a shout if you have issues setting it up, should be fairly straightforward though and they provide instructions and stuff which in my case were pretty good. using it once set up is a piece of piss too.

Give me a shout if you have issues setting it up, should be fairly straightforward though and they provide instructions and stuff which in my case were pretty good. using it once set up is a piece of piss too.

Thanks again, have a partial fleet shot.

post-4623-0-38588800-1556291489_thumb.jpg

If the software will run on a 1.3ghz amd sempron with 1gb ram you can have the admittidly shite Packard hell easynote e6 I don't really want anymore. Can install w2000/XP on it too if you want.

Its a chunky thing and the battery is long dead so you'll need an extension lead, but if it'll run the software let me know and you can have it for postage

Phone Renault and ask if there's been a recall for Dashboard Ants?

Erm.... you can get sticky stuff you put on a bit of tinfoil near where they're coming from, and they walk it back to the nest on their feet and kill the lot. Either that, or see Matty's Laguna solution above.

You need Spiderman, or maybe Antman.

The white powder kills them but makes a hell of a mess and they soon learn to avoid it.

Never had any luck with the sticky stuff they are supposed to take back to the nest.

Its likely you have a nest in the car somewhere. Have you dropped a bag of sugar lately?

My mate's a pest controller, he kills mine with a spray of some sort. I could ask

I'm at a loss how garage bloke says a different size wheel bolt was used.

Surely the wheel would have fell off, or at least wobbled around on the spigot?

My line of work means I'm a serial nut and bolt user, and if I used an M12 bolt in a M14 threaded hole, it simply wouldn't bite.

Surely it's the hub with the thread, so discs aside the bolts would come out with a simple wheel rotation!?

Anyway - some super persistence with that handbrake, brave man.

I'm at a loss how garage bloke says a different size wheel bolt was used.

Surely the wheel would have fell off, or at least wobbled around on the spigot?

My line of work means I'm a serial nut and bolt user, and if I used an M12 bolt in a M14 threaded hole, it simply wouldn't bite.

Surely it's the hub with the thread, so discs aside the bolts would come out with a simple wheel rotation!?

Anyway - some super persistence with that handbrake, brave man.

On Renaults of this age they have the rear disc and the hub as the same thing. The bearing is integrated into the assembly. As they have ABS, the bearing is a special one that effectively has a reluctor ring inside. Thus the disc sections for the bolts is threaded.

Disc%20and%20rear%20wheel%20hub.jpg

s-l1600.jpg