Mismatched panel colour thread.

Jim Bell

41960179451_1e14ef84df_b.jpg

I was disappointed that the snow killed my WBOD sticker.  Bonnet is staying faded Oyster for the forseeable, but the orange door will be going away in a few weeks.  Am rather enjoying it having a good side and a bad side at the moment while I work through the repairs and repainting.

^ I'm pretty sure Metros had either black, or utterly ruined front wings as standard. I don't believe a body-coloured, rot-free option was ever available. 

Brilliant little cars at the time, and no wonder BL sold masses of the things. I still reckon mine handled better than a Mini, and that's saying something amazing considering BL built them on a 50p budget. 

^ I'm pretty sure Metros had either black, or utterly ruined front wings as standard. I don't believe a body-coloured, rot-free option was ever available.

Brilliant little cars at the time, and no wonder BL sold masses of the things. I still reckon mine handled better than a Mini, and that's saying something amazing considering BL built them on a 50p budget.

Miss my one. Best handling little car I've ever owned, and that's including the Cappuccino. Between the handling and the noise from the gearbox it was downright addictive on a twisty road - even with the non-servo brakes.

Only slightly ,but none the less, I find it very irritating :-(

Copy of RM250 1988 029.jpg

brighton.jpg

Hey, did that thing used to run on steel wheels? Seeing the pic of it in Brighton (next to Pete and Gary's Panhards, no less) reminds me I photographed one identical to that in probably 2008 (?), I will have to dig out the photo!

Hey, did that thing used to run on steel wheels? Seeing the pic of it in Brighton (next to Pete and Gary's Panhards, no less) reminds me I photographed one identical to that in probably 2008 (?), I will have to dig out the photo!

It came from Endeavour Motor co.  Brighton,when new . Elderly lady owner (  though she  wouldn't have been elderly when she bought it new ) gave it to her chiropractor when she gave up driving . She had it 6 months and sold it to me .   It did have  steel wheels ,  that pic was the  1st classic meet in Brighton  2010 ? 

I was just driving past ,saw all those cars .....so I just parked on the end ! And it generated a bit of interest, tho I think I wasn't particularly welcome  in a mundane Fiesta L    :-( . A guy in a TVR Griff chatted to me  though and said he liked it .

At Gordon Road Brighton 2009

More irritation ..lower door is darker yellow :angry008:

post-17940-0-22388800-1526284133_thumb.jpg

There seems to be less and less of this kind of thing these days.  Are there any shitters still running a car with different coloured panels.

I loved the look of C.D.C's Rover:

attachicon.gifConelrad.jpg

But he painted it.

You are grossly exaggerating this.

What he really did was rattle can the mismatched blue wings with mismatched yellow paint.

Latest member of the groovy gang.

attachicon.gifJunkman.jpg

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Swapsies on the smashed front panel (incorporating the headlight adjusters) after a vicar reversed into KAZ at speed.

post-17915-0-17951900-1526288913_thumb.jpg

Scrapper UKZ provided a non-colour match replacement, for MOT win on the silver car. Broken one put back onto UKZ prior to being trailered away, because neatness.