Mismatched panel colour thread.

Jim Bell

There seems to be less and less of this kind of thing these days.  Are there any shitters still running a car with different coloured panels.

I loved the look of C.D.C's Rover:

post-5435-0-08478400-1526153831_thumb.jpg

But he painted it.

And I loved the look of FOADS old R18 when it had mis-matched wings, (cant find a pic)............... but he painted it.

Post some pics of the cars you've had or seen with  unfashionably opposing panel hues.

Give it ten minutes before there's a picture of a Polo Harlequin.

I remember in about the mid 80s, I was "watching the cars" at my grans house (her house overlooked the A610 junction at Cinderhill and I'd spent hours just watching traffic). I was so mortally offended by a car with mismatched panels I declared it should be "against the law" and people forced to paint them.

Edit: Ha! I was too late!

Give it ten minutes before there's a picture of a Polo Harlequin.

I remember in about the mid 80s, I was "watching the cars" at my grans house (her house overlooked the A610 junction at Cinderhill and I'd spent hours just watching traffic). I was so mortally offended by a car with mismatched panels I declared it should be "against the law" and people forced to paint them.

Edit: Ha! I was too late!

Harlequins don't count.  They are contrived and pathetic.  How could a child be so judgemental, cruel, oppressive AND wrong?!

Was running around in this in the early '00s, never did get those black doors painted:

3824603690_29e9b156b8_o.jpg

1986 Nissan 300C 4dr (Y30) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

And there's this one of course:

34364563831_fbb04e3f90_c.jpg

1993 Toyota Camry 2.2 Estate by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Still like this a year-on from getting it back on the road and in regular use. Certainly won't be this year that it gets sorted. Even when I did attempt to have an odd panel painted to match it doesn't seem to have worked-out.....