The Ex-forum of several shiters 95 Mazda 323 coupé - for sale again!

egg

34 minutes ago, gadgetgricey said:

Looks like the same one. (must admit not checked FB)

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/221848/1995-mazda-323c-2023-essex

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/107985632555067/?hoisted_items=608181427170910

Yes. Looks like it's heading off forum then.

4 minutes ago, RichardK said:

I'll chuck the parts I have left in the skip then, I'd messaged to offer to post them 😕

I think he's taking a break, he may not have seen your message

They're moreso less relevant bits now - a headlight adjuster switch, a coil spring and a hubcap! The only annoying one is the switch, I spent £60 on various ones trying to get a working one and the last showed up after the car went 😕

Be a shame if anyone being asked to pay £950 for the 323 got to see the AS threads and a screenshot of the last price it was...

(I doubt anything of value has been done to it and also if you cared/knew then you'd mention all the stuff that /was/ done before I got it).

I left RR because it seemed to become PistonHeads for skinflints and the KGF advert board though, after starting out as a genuinely interesting retro car forum.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RichardK said:

It looks like the car being sold wasn't actually what it seemed to be at all - which I'm very glad about - and it is being looked after.

Very appreciative of the update. If my life had turned out a bit differently over past few years it would be back with me.

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Wow. That's a prime example of why it's worth finding a trusted MOT tester. I get the impression this one doesn't like old cars. 

indeed, let's keep an eye out for it in the classifieds, there's not that much wrong here probably, and would hate to see it scrapped after work @DoctorRetro @RichardKand @Vantmanput into it.

2 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Wow. That's a prime example of why it's worth finding a trusted MOT tester. I get the impression this one doesn't like old cars. 

Well, that and making sure the lights work and the tyres aren't almost as bald as me and (apparently) Morten Harket. Basic shit.

1 hour ago, egg said:

Whoever the new owner is....

....bumped into a fussy tester on a bad day :-(

image.thumb.png.d53c28ba6e26f0fb3dd3e6b1a9b218eb.png

Oh, for fecks sake, things like failure points 6,7,8,9 really irritate me, it's all the same thing and just needing the headlamps polished FFS

Tyre below 1.6mm (inner edge) - so that's not primary grooves then, subsequently not failable. 

I'm not even a tester and I know this stuff! 

The tester that does all of our cars is more than fair. 20 year old cars go through advisory free without stupid things listed such as corroded coil springs, of course he fails them if he needs to, but he'll do a walk around before logging on the test and rectify any blown bulbs or polish headlamps so they don't fail or PRS

Why has the rear brake imbalance been logged as 2 different RfR's!? 

Just proves they have tried to run up the biggest list they could get away with

Wonder if it was a £15 MOT or something!? 🤣

40 minutes ago, egg said:

This, and note no rust issues at all.

Too busy trying to condemn everything else they probably ran out of time to check what matters 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • egg changed the title to The Ex-forum of several shiters 95 Mazda 323 coupé
  • egg changed the title to The Ex-forum of several shiters 95 Mazda 323 coupé - for sale again!
  • 4 months later...