99 Passat Estate AFN 1.9TDi £800

Pat Earrings

Family. Politics

The 2 don't mix. As stated earlier father Sims agreed to purchase this but gave me the ebay WINRAR bidder treatment...

*Sigh*

Anyway. This fine steed NEEDS a loving home. I had intended it to be mine forever, however, the chance to own a true bucket list car for me was too good to resist. So with regret this is for sale. In dark blue, 5 speed manual 110bhp AFN flavour. No sensitive PD stuff, good old durable AFN

112k, FSH, and runs beautifully. A testament to Burnsides grandfather to whom it belonged, it has been maintained to within an inch of it's life. No rust, no major dings, no worries.

Has had very recent: cambelt/waterpump, aux belts, 4 new Goodyear tyres/alignment, and a load of other stuff.

In my ownership I've done a few things to freshen it up. Demisted headlamps, new wiper arms, dealer plates, EGR blanked and removed, new gear gaitor, and JUST TODAY new brake fluid reservoir and brake fluid (common problem, reservoir cracks open due to positioning). Has 2 keys (if you're turned on by that) and a HBOL. Also adjusted clutch and drives bang on.

I am selling it a little more than I paid, but still less what it owes me. I have a habit of making losses

No clunks, no smoking no nothing. This car will see you through. I very much doubt you could find one as smooth and well cared for.

Based in Cradley (West Midlands)

Will get pictures up when I get it back off my mechanic later for the brake fluid reservoir job.

These ace cracking motors.

I did about 60/80k in a saloon one of these exact same engine. They do 50mpg easily and cruise really well if I remember 90 is under 3000rpm and there dead quiet. Mine also needed nothing bar oil changes and some discs and pads. I sold it with 190k on and its till going strong years later.

Hey Mo, shame your having to sell so soon. [ Look's Great with the Genuine VW Wheel trims btw ]

As Mo mentioned this was my Grandads Car for over 15 years till ill health forced us to sell. It's a great car that got plenty of faithful service left. I really hope it goes to a good home and I honestly don't think you could find a better Diesel Estate for the money.

Hey Mo, shame your having to sell so soon. [ Look's Great with the Genuine VW Wheel trims btw ]

As Mo mentioned this was my Grandads Car for over 15 years till ill health forced us to sell. It's a great car that got plenty of faithful service left. I really hope it goes to a good home and I honestly don't think you could find a better Diesel Estate for the money.

Mo? Are there 2 of us now?

• 2 weeks later...

Due to serious family matters, this sale had to be cancelled as I didn't know when things would get better, save buyers being waiting forever. This is for sale, no swaps I'm afraid as despite missing out on a bucket list car, Ghosty's seemed to pop up as if it was more than mere coincidence. It's way cooler than the Carina (sorry TS!). As a caveat I have offered Jon first refusal as he did submit payment last time round. So pending that, it's available.