1997 Peugeot 306 DTurbo 158k or thereabouts, longish MOT

bramz7

Meh.

I just can't gel with anything at the moment. This is a great car but...there isn't any logical way to continue this sentence. I feel like I just need something a bit better for my back and this isn't really it due to the firm suspension, and reasonably hard to extract from seats. 

It is on ebay, but I will let a shiter have it for £450, less than what I paid for it. 

Here is the advert text.

Runs well, engine has tons of pull when the turbo kicks in, the XUD9TE is known for this. It basically feels like: nothing, nothing, wooooooshhhhhh and suddenly you catch up everyone up. 

If you've not driven a 306/ZX before, the startling grip, even on the rear end (in my opinion heightened in the 306) is phenomenal for a FWD car, it almost feels on rails cornering.

The seats are in decent shape and have minimal ware, although my brief ownership has made me understand why so many wear badly on the bolsters. The drivers seat will probably wear through shortly on the lower bolster.

Front foglights are working. 

Alloys in decent order, with some scuffs. I would assume they have never been touched up. 
Rear axle still good. Previous owner told me one of the bushes has probably gone but to be honest it didn't seem that bad. 
Fuel economy is surprisingly good, maybe I drive it a bit too calmly? Has done nearly 300 miles to half a tank, which was better than expected. 

Bad bits:
-Rust in the photographed areas. Roof is unusual, as is drivers door. Sadly the C pillar is a side effect of Peugeots idiotic decision to not put an arch liner there. 
-Clutch is on the wrong side of heavy, but is not slipping. Will take off with no throttle so presumably clutch is itself fine and the cable needs adjusting. 
-Interior door cards have untucked from door handles, seemingly a common niggle. 
-Drivers door has become a bit sticky when unlocked but nothing too drastic.
-As it's a XUD, it has a small oil leak. 
-Sunroof not working, but not sealed. The motor works, my guess is that it has skipped a gear/tooth.
-Paint and body have various marks and dings, as it's a 21 year old car. 

Very comprehensive and impressive service history, cambelt done at 142k so not due for a while yet. 
Engine is a good one in my opinion and doesn't seem to kick out any smoke. 
MOT until late Jan 2019. 

post-20043-0-35352400-1525123764_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-12629900-1525123860_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-35715600-1525123886_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-17478500-1525123909_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-40892200-1525123930_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-11224700-1525123950_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-19853900-1525123973_thumb.jpeg
post-20043-0-72489400-1525123994_thumb.jpegpost-20043-0-98155800-1525124093_thumb.jpeg

Apart from the iffy bits mentioned it's a decent steer, and comes with a lot of service history. Relevant history too. I have the V5 too.

Dunno what's up with me at the moment. I just can't seem to get into anything I drive. Maybe I should give up old stuff as dailys? Dunno.

Anyway, enough with this inward thinking.

Located in Basingstoke, £450. Open to swaps if reasonably good/interesting. Could deliver but would prefer someone to come get it!

Sure you lot are sick to the back teeth of me selling cars, I know I am. 

post-20043-0-04751900-1525124037_thumb.jpeg

What do you think you are looking for Bramz?!

I'd seen that ZX Aura on the 'bay, and I clearly have a lust for those which I cannot shake, those early TurboDs fly too, even more so than this. I just worry it's going to end up a bit rich.

Equally part of me wants to try something new for once. Something reasonably equipped...

Let me know if you don't go for that ZX. Now the Rover is borked I need to find a replacement whilst I ponder what to do next. Apart from that nothing else is really getting me at the moment.

But like you say, it could end up £££££!

Let me know if you don't go for that ZX. Now the Rover is borked I need to find a replacement whilst I ponder what to do next. Apart from that nothing else is really getting me at the moment.

But like you say, it could end up £££££!

Well it's me as high bidder at the moment....I can stretch a bit higher given it's so good but, last one I had cost £75! It was donald ducked however.

I doubt that Zx will go for too much tbh. 5 door Zx's in standard spec are still going pretty cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/citroen-zx-1-4-39000-miles-barn-find-not-Peugeot-205-Citroen-ax/122987428141?hash=item1ca29f392d:g:vhIAAOSws5BagKE-

That one for example made peanuts really for such a low mileage example. The vast majority are still selling for under 500 quid.

I have had so many of these, they’re my all time favourite. Phase 1 ideally though.

That rear quarter will be almost non existent on the inside if you remove the NS boot carpet/trim. Be very careful if you have passengers in the back as the seatbelt mount will barely be hanging on.

Having said that, il take a random if you decide to...