Peak 1980s uber wedge barge anyone?

Strela

What a marvellous vehicle! By a coincidence when I was trying to register my recently imported 1959 Impala at the Southwark office of the DVLA (which involved much argument with a very stupid woman) I was sort of cheered on by a couple of guys who had also been trying to do the same with their Bitter with the same stupid cow. I got applause for standing my ground against her refusing to issue an age related plate (she was adamant that the documents I had provided didn't say what the year of the car was) and showing her up in front of her boss who took one look at my paperwork and told her to issue the plate and not a Q-plate. 

Welcome along, Pop-up headlights rock, as do obscure 80s motors.

Was it Colc that bought one with "issues"?

I did....spiteful bloody thing.I bought a wrong un though...in the dark.....in a rather less than salubrious part of Birmingham. Prices are all over the place for them I'd have another though.......

I’m very excited this is on the forum - I was severely tempted when it came up for sale and I had to have a stern word with myself about too many cars (see signature for details - it would fit right in with my shedful of old sheds).

It looks like a really good one. Much jealousy, and welcome along.

If you're staying locally to Silverstone on the Saturday night, why not pop by the Field of Dreams on the Sunday, on your way home? It's near Buckingham and a selection of AS folk will be there for a natter and some tinkering with old cars in the sunshine.

The driver’s belt on my merc feels damp. I expect it’s the seal letting the rain in. I’ve not worked up the enthusiasm to actually take the interior panel apart yet. The side profile of the bitter reminds me of the big fiat 130 coupe which is another favourite of mine.

You weren't driving this on Madingley Road in Cambridge this week were you? If so then the guy in the Corolla staring at you literally open mouthed in surprise was me. I must have looked like Cleetus the slack jawed yokel.

What a fabulous machine.

I've only ever seen this on a top trump card that I had about 40 years ago.

Think it might have been a Bitter CD though.

Don't know where the cards are but I did photograph them a while back.post-5582-0-66369700-1525469450_thumb.jpg

I'm only at Silverstone on Saturday but I may be passing Buckingham anyway on Sunday. What's Field of Dreams and when?

The FoD was the legendary location for Shitefest 2016. Six-cylinder and I now open it up as a venue for informal AS get-togethers on weekends throughout the spring/summer/autumn months. It's a little farmstead out in the countryside near Buckingham, with a nice view, the kettle on, good company and various old mechanical things available for fixing/tinkering/polishing/admiring/driving (according to the weather and ground conditions). It's a nice place to pass the time and you're welcome to join us. The gate is open from around 10am. PM Six-cylinder for directions.

See thread: Six-cylinder's Motoring Notes - Sunday 6th May meeting at FoD is GO!

http://autoshite.com/topic/19386-six-cylinders-motoring-notes-sunday-6th-may-meeting-at-fod-is-go/page-87

• 2 weeks later...

Like for the general Bitter / orange R107 loveliness, not for the keying incident, obvs.

What kind of Charlie Uniform thinks a gussied-up Opel Senator (no offence) is a good target for keying? I had the same on my ratty old Golf convertible back when it was a daily driver. Not just arseholes, stupid and incompetent arseholes.