Peak 1980s uber wedge barge anyone?

Strela

Partially inspired by the huge dedication of a couple of posters on here who had persevered with extremely rare early 80s GM saloons, and partially due to being slightly tipsy on ebay one night, I acquired this in February unseen while several thousand miles away, picked it up a few days ago and am finding it a most excellent environment in which to play my new Frankie Miller CD. I also have a Mercedes of similar vintage, which is comparatively easy to look after. But this is so splendidly obscure that I decided to sign up to the forum because basically, I need all the help I can get. And I thought the good people of Autoshite might like a look at it.

Blimey, well that's not was I was expecting from the first post, though I don't know what I was expecting.

I've heard of them but know nothing about them so you will have to tell us more. Lots more. I mean I could just google it but I don't need to now you're here. We need more pictures for a start. I can't be the only one desperate to see inside.

A most excellent first post - welcome! The Bitter interior is somewhat more conventional than I guess I expected, but all the better for it, I say. It looks to be in a very good state. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures with this, or for that matter, just musings after you've sat and gazed at it some more. This car made it into my first Top Trumps pack circa ooh, 1980?and made an instant impression on me. It was so rare that I later came to think it was a figment of my imagination. So glad it isn't.

It certainly draws on the Italian style of the era. But I think, and I am happy to be corrected, that it is ultimately attributable to Erich Bitter himself. It is a wonderfully Germanic interpretation of the Ferrari 400 design. I have only spent about 8 hours staring at it today.

Interior is lavish leather with retrimmed Opel dash. I've had a ride in the back, if you know what I mean, and it's very squishy. 

Ruched leather 80s sofa seating! :-) Fab car all round! :-)

Wow, that's a bitter all right. (Bit o' all right, you see. One of those puns that really doesn't work in type).

Welcome, and flippin' ell.

Of course, no doubt you have one of these:

20130225_215737.jpg?resize=720%2C540

For some reason there are quite a few Bitter SC brochures on eBay for cheap, which is where I got mine.

If anybody is vaguely curious, I wrote it up here as part of my continuing and largely ignored The Carchive series.