Mystery Picasso Roffle

Bucketeer

I thought I was bad with four lined up, two of which are parked on the road. I was accosted the other day, by the old dear who lives opposite. She was incredulous that we’ve, “now got four cars; almost one for each day of the week.”

I politely laughed (to match her fake smile) and joked* that if they had more room on their one-car driveway, I’d have been asking her to use the space as an overflow car park.

She fucked off pretty rapidly after.

MGB - not on road

Dolly Sprint - not on road

Montego TDI wagon - not on road, need to sell, new (HENS FUCKING TEETH) radiator and tyres, £200 will need trailered, only good for spares.

C30 1.6d - wouldn't start after I changed the fuel filter. Ill health means I haven't touched it in a year. Need to sell, £offers - probably a fucking stupidly easy fix

MK2 Mondeo - daily

C30 1.6d - wouldn't start after I changed the fuel filter. Ill health means I haven't touched it in a year. Need to sell, £offers - probably a fucking stupidly easy fix

A mate had similar with a focus (prob same engine) he tried filling the filter, an electric pump to draw fuel through, various other things, nothing worked. Eventually he got it towed to a Ford garage and they fixed it quite quickly/easily … I'm not sure what the process is for these, but I think there is a specific one you need to follow with some moderns.

A mate had similar with a focus (prob same engine) he tried filling the filter, an electric pump to draw fuel through, various other things, nothing worked. Eventually he got it towed to a Ford garage and they fixed it quite quickly/easily … I'm not sure what the process is for these, but I think there is a specific one you need to follow with some moderns.

Yeah, same engine. Absolute cracker of a car - put 50k on it in a year.

Well, I think I'm going to have to offer up my tickets for this one. No idea when it's actually going to take place and I'm off on hols/collection caper international next week anyway, so nae room/time. Is that allowed when your number has been drawn twice already? What do you mean this has never happened before?

It's a mystery alright, in every conceivable sense of the word.

I'm waiting for the denouement, where it turns out that Bucketeer has taken the mystery vehicle to pieces and spent the past few weeks hiding the bits throughout 30 different European countries.

The winner's task is to solve a series of clues, collect all the bits together and rebuild it from scratch by the roadside in order to find out what it actually is, and then drive it home in time for Shitefest in a giant, multilevel, non-de-trop, epic collection thread to end all collection threads, and then be formally crowned King of All Shite in a ceremony of dazzling pageantry in a field of rusty Saabs in Aberdeenshire.

It'd be kind of like a shite automotive mashup of Around the World in 80 Days and The Crystal Maze mixed with Fantasy World Dizzy (if anyone remembers that on the Spectrum/Amstrad/C64).

If it's anything less than this, I shall be most put-out.

Have a nice holiday Mally. Say hello to Bucketeer if you see him.

There is a guy where I'm going who asks people for money to retrieve his car from the police pound.

If he asks me I'll give him " You are bucketeer AICM whatever car it is"

My ticket came from 83C, I will still pay eventually, but it is only fair that he takes the ticket and car if it ever happens.

MGB - not on road

Dolly Sprint - not on road

Montego TDI wagon - not on road, need to sell, new (HENS FUCKING TEETH) radiator and tyres, £200 will need trailered, only good for spares.

MK2 Mondeo - daily

How much is a broken c30 and where is it?

How much is a broken c30 and where is it?

It's worth £1,750ish fixed - £1200 takes it.

Located near Berwick upon Tweed.

Open to swaps/px if you have something interesting*

*Dailyable, bmw, Jag, Japanese, estate, 6cyl, diesel... Some of those words.

What is a c30? I know I should know but I can't think what it is.

MK2 focus in a Swedish frock with hints of 480 and p1800ES - really nice wee cars, properly bolted together interiors. Did a thousand mile tour around Scotland and slept in mine one weekend a couple of years back. Have done 700+ mile days in it as well.

Bought it when I worked as a home carer around rural north Northumberland and it relished 150+ miles of a and b roads every day. 50mpg when pooling, 38mpg when ragged, once did Newcastle to Berwick in forty-*cough* minutes. Surprisingly spacious as well - can fit a washer and chest freezer, or four sets of wheels.

I knew that I knew what it was,  it's just currently hiding between the bit of my brain that looks at moderns for work and the bit that enjoys cheap shite.  Interesting to know they are rapidly heading towards the latter as they are good looking things.  The 1.6 HDI lumps might not be overly dependable but seem to hustle Berlingos along far quicker than their chassis can cope with so should be fun in something smaller.

I knew that I knew what it was, it's just currently hiding between the bit of my brain that looks at moderns for work and the bit that enjoys cheap shite. Interesting to know they are rapidly heading towards the latter as they are good looking things. The 1.6 HDI lumps might not be overly dependable but seem to hustle Berlingos along far quicker than their chassis can cope with so should be fun in something smaller.

From speaking to a few mechanics, the Volvo versions seem to be far more reliable than the ford or French ones. Perhaps slightly better specced ancillaries or a 'kinder' tune?

Soz for the delay folks. I haven't been home for the past couple of weeks due to work and I'm too unwealthy/tight to buy a couple of bottles of mobile data at the moment.

Anyway, the mystery is back on. If anyone's bothered.

post-13750-0-28000100-1526356735_thumb.jpg

This mystery roffle has proved to be a useful tool in sorting the roffle addicts from the weekend rofflers, and to feed the addiction further I can introduce BONUS JEOPARDY . . .

post-13750-0-92630100-1526357768_thumb.jpg

The winning winner of the roffle will win the mystery vehicle AND will also be asked a simple question. Answer this question correctly and the prize fund will be increased by a whopping some percent. The bonus double jeopardy bonus prize will be a choice of either . . .

1 - 20% of the total roffle money (£47.20 probably) in real life cash money (or electronic money).

post-13750-0-63333600-1526358911_thumb.jpg

OR

2 - Another car! All eager and ready to be hooked on to the mystery towbar.

post-13750-0-33229700-1526358985_thumb.jpg

So not only do you win car, you could also win money or more car.

And I get to join in the anticipation/dread as I could be losing both of my running, road legal cars. Sweet.

We all get to experience one of the official roffle emotions.

post-13750-0-72709200-1526359499_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-06891100-1526359509_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-48312400-1526359530_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-07321100-1526359537_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-04216100-1526359608_thumb.jpg

I'll send out payment messages/threats later today, and we can finally get this ship sailing.

post-13750-0-10205800-1526359999_thumb.jpg