Cavcraft

Erm, has anyone got a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan etc for sale?

Apparently we need* a family car, for holidays and not climbing over spades, rakes, broom handles and paint pots in a Ford Puma. Thus Mrs Craft (who's paying) has told me to get something. I'd like a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan* diesel, ideally. But obvs. like a Vectra hatchback or estate would also do.

Needs to be reliable with a long MOT, and not smell of anything my missus doesn't like (such as me, for example) and be capable of going to that there Scotland and back. There's talk of crazy amounts of money being available, maybe up to £1,000. Too lazy to travel too far, but you never know.

*Can always take the badges off and put Ford ones on.

I R8 my C8 M8, so my suggestion is to look for a 806/synergie/ulysse (stronger engines with XUD veg option) or a 807/C8/ulysse (nicer inside, more to go wrong)

They really are worth buttons so a bag should get a relatively tidy one with decent test.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263498292563

I R8 my C8 M8, so my suggestion is to look for a 806/synergie/ulysse (stronger engines with XUD veg option) or a 807/C8/ulysse (nicer inside, more to go wrong)

They really are worth buttons so a bag should get a relatively tidy one with decent test.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263498292563

Some guy had one of those near me on an M plate I think, it was dented to hell but never seemed to stop ... not seen it about in a bit though :s

I think my Sharan is great. It feels strong and made to last. Laugh if you like but ehat's the impression it gives. I can see why there are high mileage ones around.

With 5 seats in you get a huge boot. The auto is nice. Not hugely fast but can be hustled along. I like the view out and it's a comfy rude. So useful to have a van sized car.

It'd still be based on a VAG platform with mostly VAG engines.

To be fair, that 412,000 mile Sharan I had a few years back was very good.

Yes. A 1.8T Sharan 'Sport' on an X. Drives well, just over 100k on the clock, body has a few scrapes but is solid and apparently rot free.

I was gonna put 12m MOT on it and flog it to musicians for £750.

I’ve got a Kia Grand Carnival over here and it’s fuggin ACE. Not the most dynamic thing on the road but it’s practcality on wheels. Find a decent low mileage cersiin of the old Carnival / whatever they call it in the UK and it should do you proud.

Yes. A 1.8T Sharan 'Sport' on an X. Drives well, just over 100k on the clock, body has a few scrapes but is solid and apparently rot free.

I was gonna put 12m MOT on it and flog it to musicians for £750.

Can you send me a few pictures etc please? I’m off to seea diesel one later, and possibly another one again in Liverpool somewhere.

Cheers.

I’ve got a Kia Grand Carnival over here and it’s fuggin ACE. Not the most dynamic thing on the road but it’s practcality on wheels. Find a decent low mileage cersiin of the old Carnival / whatever they call it in the UK and it should do you proud.

A £1000 Sedona? Good luck with that. The most common diesels are supposed to be awful.

My pez powered Galaxy is an ace thing to drive. Dizzle might be better for family laden holidays though. Galaxy and Alhambra versions are a bit cheaper than the Sharans due to VAG tax in certain cases I think.

Can you send me a few pictures etc please? I’m off to seea diesel one later, and possibly another one again in Liverpool somewhere.

Cheers.

Will do. I'm just waiting for the lad to send 'em to me. I saw it a couple of nights ago, it's not bad.

Apologies for shockingly bad photos.

One of them would be brilliant, but honestly couldn't own or constantly drive something that colour, it's absolutely gopping.

Apologies for shockingly bad photos.

No worries, cheers Pete will have a better look at pictures tomorrow. Got your message too thanks.

One of them would be brilliant, but honestly couldn't own or constantly drive something that colour, it's absolutely gopping.

No worries, cheers Pete will have a better look at pictures tomorrow. Got your message too thanks.

but if the boss is paying surely that isnt your problem :P