Junkman's International Spottage - London, New York, Paris, Tokyo - Utrecht

Junkman

That Martini-Karmann on Fuchs is balls! If I ever have to save/rescue/find/adopt a white or silver Porsche 9XX it will wear Martini-livree! Kleine Korrektur: That Senator is schick but not a topoftherange one. Neither S nor CD, this is a povo spec Senator even lacking the rear headrests. Which is a rare find of course, most 3,0E were fully loaded, the 2.8S were not and got mostly used for towing purposes.

I had an '80 Audi 80 (say that with a septic accent - aydee awdee aydee) and several '76 - '82 100/200 5Es.

One of the 100s had orange velours. And carpet. And headliner. And it was green.

Beat that.

Besides, nothing else sounds like a five cylinder Audi. I miss that a bit.

That and the fact they don't accelerate. They rather give you the feeling that something rear ended you with 30 OMGMPH.

Note: Acceleration is when the tears of emotional turmoil run off horizontally towards your ears.

I had an '80 Audi 80 (say that with a septic accent - aydee awdee aydee) and several '76 - '82 100/200 5Es.

One of the 100s had orange velours. And carpet. And headliner. And it was green.

Beat that.

Besides, nothing else sounds like a five cylinder Audi. I miss that a bit.

That and the fact they don't accelerate. They rather give you the feeling that something rear ended you with 30 OMGMPH.

Note: Acceleration is when the tears of emotional turmoil run off horizontally towards your ears.

You know the 5E show, so do I. My dad had several 100s GL5E and a CD. I had a Coupé 5S once and a Passat 5E which was really revvy and roary past 3500rpm and it went well. Not in the Röhrl-league but that noise at full load...

What about the Veemarkt in Utrecht?  Is that still going?  It was the cattle market, but on a Tuesday the car dealers would line up thousands of Cannock-auction-quality-trade-ins and then all of the Eastern Europeans would turn up in buses...buy them all within 4 hours...and drive them back to Romania or wherever.  It was organised chaos and a great laugh.  You could do all the paperwork and get white Dutch export number plates on site.  I've mentioned it on here before, but no one else seemed to have been there.  Was great fun to buy some rubbish and bomb around in it for a while.  Edit - Looks like it's moved to Amsterdam, but I think this video was shot while it was in Utrecht:

It's moved to "Beverwijk" on the westside of Amsterdam, but still on tuesday and crowded with East Europeans buying our carefully maintained cars...video is also Beverwijk, not Veemarkt, Utrecht.