Gumtree Wonders.

Shirley Knott

"What's the lowest you'll take/best price?" via text before even looking is the one that gets my knickers in a twist (Oh the humanity)

Also it seems like virtually 50% of the Gumtree population manage to spell 'Diesel' with a letter A in it somewhere :roll:

I think I have already posted it up on here somewhere but I was offered a Samsung Galaxy phone for my engine hoist on Gumtree. Worst of all was that the person openly admitted it was because they were upgrading, thus rendering the phone valueless to them. An utter trumpet.

Thankfully a genuine person contacted me about it, turned up and paid the asking price. I think that might have been via Facebook marketplace though.

I no longer instigate a dialogue woth people who simply ask 'Do you still have this' or similar as 9 times out of 10 they are just bored and have no intention of following it up.

Its free so I just try and take the timewasters with a pinch of salt. They're quite entertaining because they are so mental!

Had 2 people so far, both said he needed the car the following day. Couldn't do this so that fell apart. Not sure what people are looking for for £300.

A car they can collect and use maybe? ;)

I always work on the premise that if its for sale it is ready to go, I would want it that day and will buy something else if I can't collect asap as its usually to replace a broken car and I need transport asap.

What Jazoli said

If I needed throw-away wheels that are nearby, it's because I need to get to work, etc.  If I didn't have the immediate necessity, I'd have more than £300 for starters and be scouting at the weekend in the first place

I am all for the funny patter on the ads of course. Gumtree up here in Sconny Botland isn't too bad. Buy and sell often on it and met some cracking people and even some meatheads who were good enough to pay me for stuff. Fuck knows what they thought of me!  :-D