Ford Focus Mk1 1.6 LX

sierraman

I'll upload pics later when I'm at home...

2003 Focus 1.6LX 53 plate

MOT until August

£14-15 a month to tax

Has some history but its mostly old service book and a few receipts from my tenure

4 good Barum tyres

Its had recent clutch master cylinder, droplink and a CV boot fitted.

Prior to me buying it it has had a new clutch and timing belt at approx 100k.

Has been welded on the inner arches to boot floor join, they frequently go there, however its been repaired properly with a seam welded repair patch and thoroughly waxoyled after.

Body is solid, has been waxoyled underneath. A few scabs on the arches but nothing serious.

2 keys, unlocks from passenger side door, doesn't really bother me but I'll mention it anyway.

Would make a decent car for someone I'm after £400.

Located in Sheffield, it's available from 30th April onwards. Though you are welcome to come and look at it whenever.

Quick enough to enjoy the handling. I've genuinely never driven a better FWD chassis, it hangs on the bends like its on rails. You get quickly used to the truck like gate but 5th is cruising only, its a bit high and wide from 4th for my liking. That said it'll sit all day at 80-90 once it's up to speed.

Has a lovely noise that Fords make when you give them stick over 3k.

Stone me, now that is a cheap car.

Given that the only problem on the current MOT certificate is for a kid's seat "not allowing full inspection of adult belt", this could be a belter. If I needed a cheap car then I should be on this in a similar manner to that in which a homeless person may approach discarded chips.

If its had anything wrong I've done the work. Its had new drop link, CV boot and an expansion tank fitted in the last few weeks.

I have noticed there is a slight judder through the brakes, its run out on the discs. No ABS lights etc, pair of Mintex Discs are £37 if that bothers you.

If you want any more pics of it I'll post them up.