The cars with road names on that road thread

DSdriver

I have a picture somewhere of a family friend whose surname is Ford, standing next to a Focus that is in turn parked by a river ford on a road in Kent.

There's a road a town over from me called Blandford Street and I'm waiting to spot some sort of Ford parked by the sign so I can take a picture.

In a 'previous life' SWMBO V1.0 owned a Mk1 Cortina  :-P

We took a picture - lost in the mists of time/tearing up mementos [lyke  :roll: ] - taken on 'Cortina Ave' just on the road to Durham, out of Sunderland.

41427620862_b3b2ed44f0_b.jpg

..... a verrryyyy long time ago

Whole estate in Tamworth named after cars or car related, Allard, Belsize, Crowley, Dennis, Jaguar, jenson, Jowett, Healey, leyland, Lotus, Riley, swift, sunbeam, Triumph, wolseley and maybe some others I have forgot. Sadly no Reliant which is stupid.

No Reliant? That's another estate in Tamworth...

2735941721_35fd409b01_z.jpg?zz=1

Regal in Regal Close. by Elvis Payne, on Flickr

Most of the roads round here start with 4 so this shouldn't be too hard.

Quote from SABRE

The A405 was originally planned to be part of an orbital road encircling all of London.

It currently runs from Watford to St Albans so I'm not ruling it out but won't be making a special journey ( or really wanting to get out of the car for long).

The B405 is in Kensington.

If Astra Street was in South Wales it might be possible to limp the purple heap down there but it's location in New South Wales makes this somewhat unlikely to happen.

There is a Discovery Street in Aylesbury which sounds like the most achievable if it wasn't for the minor point that my Discovery hasn't moved in 18 months.

In a 'previous life' SWMBO V1.0 owned a Mk1 Cortina  :-P

We took a picture - lost in the mists of time/tearing up mementos [lyke  :roll: ] - taken on 'Cortina Ave' just on the road to Durham, out of Sunderland.

41427620862_b3b2ed44f0_b.jpg

..... a verrryyyy long time ago

I lived in the next street to Cortina Ave..