The about bloody time Capri resto thread - resto done! We are on the road!

Tamworthbay

• 4 weeks later...

Did a couple of small jobs on the Capri this morning, swapped out the duff oil pressure sensor so now have an oil pressure light. And fitted the nice new throttle cable, courtesy of Dan of this parish, and have a much nicer feel to the pedal now. Then went for a fifty mile run, stopping off at a posh farm shop, most stuff was stupidly overpriced but got some very nice steak for tomorrow’s tea.

Just had a scare, went out to check something and noticed a big pool of liquid under the back end. So either petrol tank or diff I thought. Had a quick smell and it was clean engine oil. Then remembered that I had put an opened 5 litre bottle of oil in the spare wheel well just in case. It had leaked, panic over and the boot won’t rust now!

10 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

All the graft and expense must finally feel worth it when you get to take a picture like that. Feckin brilliant chap... enjoy 😎

Thanks mate, it has been a long haul but thankfully not expensive. I dropped lucky at the start and found almost everything I needed for it in a job lot on eBay that was badly described. That one lot saved me a few hundred. Prices have gone through the roof. You can spend £200 on a set of 2nd hand bumper corners! I have no plan to sell it ever but this is about the only car I could ever make money on, but it would probably work out about £2 an hour for all the time I have put in!

• 8 months later...

Been a funny year, after a few weeks in and out of hospital I am home and trying to get my mojo back. I changed the oil on the Capri this afternoon. They are so easy to work on it’s beautiful. I was properly fucked after though but good to be doing something! I may take it to my CT scan on Tuesday.........

16 hours ago, omegod said:

Lovely car, not sure if I've missed any health issues being discussed mate but hope your scan goes well and positive vibes are being transmitted  !

Thanks mate, I haven’t posted much on here but have been undergoing a load of tests/ procedures for suspected cancer, thankfully they have come back clear so far but have such low red blood cell count that even small jobs leave me knackered. Just need to find what’s causing it and then hopefully get it sorted. Capri and nice weather are a good combination though and I might take the Capri for my next scan as can take the country roads back.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

Good to see yours again! How’s it been since going back on the road?

Perfect so far, no issues at all. It runs better on super (no surprise) and happily cruises at 70-80mph. Still got the minor air leak on one wheel, but I will be getting steels powder coated soon so it’s not a major issue. It’s a pleasure to drive and is great fun hustling along country roads. How is yours getting on these days?

31 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Perfect so far, no issues at all. It runs better on super (no surprise) and happily cruises at 70-80mph. Still got the minor air leak on one wheel, but I will be getting steels powder coated soon so it’s not a major issue. It’s a pleasure to drive and is great fun hustling along country roads. How is yours getting on these days?

Haha, good old Fords! Never a problem! Mines getting there but taking ages. I’m deeply envious you get to actually enjoy yours!

Liked for beautiful Capri content. Best wishes for the health matters. 

It is like another world working on a Capri engine. Everything is there, easily to hand. You don't need to dismantle unrelated components to get access to things, and half the time don't even need to lift the car - I can do an oil change with the car on the floor easily 

3 hours ago, N19 said:

Liked for beautiful Capri content. Best wishes for the health matters. 

It is like another world working on a Capri engine. Everything is there, easily to hand. You don't need to dismantle unrelated components to get access to things, and half the time don't even need to lift the car - I can do an oil change with the car on the floor easily 

It makes it a proper pleasure to work on, no scraped knuckles, no inaccessible shite, job times that modernz could only dream of (love to see someone swap a focus gearbox in an hour). I love it, been great to get out and about after a shit few weeks. Went to see my Mum today who is in respite after a month in hospital, she is doing great so brilliant day all round. And great pizza!

• 4 weeks later...