W124 280TE £995 East Northants

Partridge

OK, having a shot at getting rid of this here. Not expecting any serious interest, but lets see?

post-5737-0-29663600-1523466932_thumb.jpg

About the cheapest way into six-cylinder W124 ownership, probably. It drives nicely, rides beautifully and has a brilliant gearbox.

The COW INSIDES is in decent nick, apart from a rip or tear that has been covered up with expertly matched and blended rape tape. It's a seven seater.

post-5737-0-08276400-1523467018_thumb.jpg

post-5737-0-82151000-1523467097_thumb.jpg

I think it has had the dreaded wiring loom thing in the past, but a previous owner seems to have replaced the loom themselves. It ain't pretty, but seems to do the job as the electrics generally behave themselves.

There is a running fault where it sometimes stall at low speeds, but can be got around by keeping a hint of throttle on.

The Mercedes Service bollocks stuff probably comes off with heat.

Why am I selling?

I bought this last year thinking it was solid. It wasn't. It's hiding serious corrosion to the sills - and will probably require new sills rather than patching up. There have turned out to be some patches of rot under the underseal, and to I don't have the skills or patience to rectify it, so I'm selling at a massive loss as a spares or repairs thing.

MoT until July, 202,000 miles yaddah yaddah appreciating classic. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

As always, no money from me otherwise I'd be seriously considering getting back into S124 ownership after I got conned out of it by some twat who couldn't drive and the insurance companies. Still fucks me off thinking about it.

There's cheaper ones about if you're willing to go four pot :)

That, sir, is a delightfully honest advert. Of course it means "nope" because I can't weld, but damnit I hope someone buys and saves this, because I've enjoyed seeing it in the visitor bays occasionally...

I've not been as open on ebay, purely because nobody would come and look at it. But if you're trying to flog something to your buddies online it's a little different.