Anyone want a jazz? 2004 / 136k / MOT sept Offers?

tonedepear

Swaps/offers welcome - see last post. Bit of gearbox noise in 1st I think.

http://autoshite.com/topic/31587-anyone-want-a-jazz-2004-136k-mot-sept-offers/?p=1483272

Afternoon all. I've accidentally bought another mk7 civic, and 4 shit old hondas won't fit on my 3 car frontage, so I need to shift one and this is the one other people are most likely to want. 

It's a very good blue colour, does a rattle occasionally in first/second but it's not the gearbox bearing type noise **edit: it might be, although it's not the whiny one I've had experience of on civics, although from everything I've read the gearbox bearing thing doesn't actually matter, it just makes it sound a bit like a mini. Other than that it's basically spot on. Everything works ok and it's an eager little thing to chuck round town, it's also nicer on the motorway than either of my 1.6 Civics on account of its longer legs. 

It's on ebay, obv, but... 

s-l1600.jpg

Moar pictures and stuff on ebay link in case anyone's actually interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Honda-Jazz-SE-1-4-Petrol-MOT-09-2018-136k-Stops-starts-fine-New-exhaust/253553240352

I hate these, but my Sister-in-law has had a53 plate one for about 6 years and has never serviced it. It only gets the oil checked when I notice it rattling when she visits- the thing is unkillable, she's had two lots of write off money when people have crashed into it, just keeps on going dents and all.

Surprisingly spacious too, under the back seat took a 4 man tent and other camping shit a couple of years ago when she came to France with us, it even kept up on the Autoroutes.

Still don't like it.

Oh, I sanded/polished the headlamps the other day (and the accord ones, and the civic's) and they're very clear now. Forgot about that!

Christ, I've not read the MOT history since I bought it, I forgot it's fuggin war and peace.

Tester likes his unnecessary advisories.

Like the Ford Ka the front top mounts are conical, so they are supposed to slop around when unloaded, shouldn't even be an advisory.
The brake pipe last 4 inches of the O/S/R - TADTS.
Bit of clouding of the lenses TADTS too.

We had a rental one of these around three years back when the missus' old Golf was written off by a Transit carrying eggs for a local ice-cream company. The broken egg juice was oozing out of the lower edge of the back doors at the accident scene.

Anyway, the Jazz in question was a 'Sport' model. Never in my life have I found a stronger case of going to trade descriptions to argue misrepresentation.

Sorry if this doesn't help. Good luck with the sale.

I hate these, but my Sister-in-law has had a53 plate one for about 6 years and has never serviced it. It only gets the oil checked when I notice it rattling when she visits- the thing is unkillable, she's had two lots of write off money when people have crashed into it, just keeps on going dents and all.

Surprisingly spacious too, under the back seat took a 4 man tent and other camping shit a couple of years ago when she came to France with us, it even kept up on the Autoroutes.

Still don't like it.

I'm ashamed to admit that this is one of the cars I'll never let out of a side turning due to the fact that I'll get stuck behind it doing 23mph. A shame really as they aren't a bad steer but they're wasted on the old.

I'm ashamed to admit that this is one of the cars I'll never let out of a side turning due to the fact that I'll get stuck behind it doing 23mph. A shame really as they aren't a bad steer but they're wasted on the old.

I do the same, these and Kia Picanto's

I used to have a Picanto - you’d probably find it overtaking you shortly after not letting me out ;-)

:mrgreen:

Its quite funny really, I meet one every morning, if I don't leave the house at exactly 6.50 I end up stuck behind this bloody Picanto that does 20mph all the way through town and 35-40mph the 3 miles up the A road where I can finally get past it, it's a guy from the next street and he works near me, if I end up catching him before the last 7 miles of my journey I get stuck behind him again for those last 7 miles, its infuriating! 

Guess what! That other Civic turned out to need a gearbox so I'm back on another train heading home and I don't really need to sell this anymore. Arsebags tho, cos I was really excited about the new one. Bloody hell.

Also last minute train tickets are expensive. Ffs. I did at least get my money back.

Aye. Well, a gang with a portacabin. I got about 300 yards, turned round, explained the problem, took one of them out, they convinced me it was something not too sinister, I shrugged and set off again, got about 5 miles, decided I was definitely right, called them from a lay by, eventually explained to them what was wrong with a bit of background (IE, I already have one of these at home and I know what noises it makes), drove back, had an amicable enough chat, apologetically explaining that it was no use to me and much as I don't want to spend another 3 hours and £££ titting about with trains and I'm not trying to be awkward, but... and they counted out my pennies, took the V5 and key and we wished each other well. Which could definitely have gone worse.

I don't think I've ever taken a car back anywhere ever under any circumstances before, I'd always just soldier on and suck it up, it was only £450ffs, but I reckon I'm out £70 for trains (the pre-booked one there was £9) and insurance fee, and much as I wish I'd stayed in bed and saved myself £70, I've saved myself whatever it would cost to get new* gearbox bearings or a gearbox (with labour, it's way beyond me) and I'm unusually content about it. Although I still wish I had a nice 3 door EP civic with a sunroof. AND it means I've got to do Durham and back twice this weekend in the Jazz cos the Accord sticky caliper has re-stuck itself within 5 mins of me filling it up with petrol. Ah well.

*I filled the car up with petrol, not the caliper. 

**The car's petrol tank

Anyone want this? Open to offers as that noise is probably the gearbox bearing thing. Couple of Vids on YouTube of it, not sure you'd notice it if you weren't listening, and supposedly they go on forever anyway, it's just a noise, but still. 

I was hoping for north of £500, as it owes me more than I'd like, but...

Swaps/px welcome (anything with a sunroo/convertible considered) although I have barely any money so money your way for an interesting p/X will have to be small. FWIW it's been doing that noise for months and I did 700 miles in her last weekend up to durham and back twice.