1987 ‘E’ Volvo 740 2.3 - Teesside - £295 or Roffle

JohnK

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream the other day about sticking a 1.9 turbo XUD engine with an LDV pilot gearbox in one of these. I think it would be perfectly doable and the turbo XUD would provide adequate power.

Wish I'd kept my Dad's 740 estate with it's exploded engine now.

• 2 weeks later...

Since its my old one I'll fill you all in with details, it's had new thermostat, Cambelt been done, as well as aux belt. It had new Centre and Back Box, I had the second key made, And the front speakers are wired up for an aftermarket stereo (Amp bypassed)... so a normal car radio will plug and play!!

Enjoy who ever gets it, I insured it with Footman for £150 for the year.

There's a thread on here all about it when I had it - somewhere. You can also find it on RetroRides.

I had a dream the other day about sticking a 1.9 turbo XUD engine with an LDV pilot gearbox in one of these. I think it would be perfectly doable and the turbo XUD would provide adequate power.

Wish I'd kept my Dad's 740 estate with it's exploded engine now.

I saw one on eBay ages ago, it was fitted with a "small" diesel, either a Perkins Prima or XUD, I don't remember now. Either would be good*.

Yes it’s still here, sorry guys I’ve been snowed under with work and mid-house move so the few cars I’ve got for sale in various places have fallen under the radar as they’re out of sight and out of mind at the old place

Anyway I’ve got a window to replace as I cracked the last replacement, new window should be here any day then it’s ready to go.