Incorrect mileage recorded at MOT

Jewel25

From what I gathered overhearing a conversation last week, there’s little that can be done.

1. Not able to edit it.

2. A retest will show the new mileage, which is what causes vehicle checks to warn prospective buyers of an issue.

So you can’t win.

I hope someone knows of another idea tho.

Our MX5  has been tested by the same place every year.  I spotted this on 6th Sept 2014

6 September 2014       Mileage 107,421 miles

30 August 2013      Mileage 106,164 miles
7 September 2012     Mileage 106,679 miles

Muppets.

Our MX5 has been tested by the same place every year. I spotted this on 6th Sept 2014

6 September 2014 Mileage 107,421 miles

30 August 2013 Mileage 106,164 miles

7 September 2012 Mileage 106,679 miles

Muppets.

Surely it's the 2012 or 2013 recording that's wrong...the mileage went down.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Does it matter? One of our current fleet, a BMW, has a 10k discrepancy in the middle of its history. My Corvette was tested 6 times with me, twice the tester managed to record the distance in Km, the other four times in miles.

If it has some value and the history is important for resale chase it up with garage, otherwise I'd just forget it.

This happened to the bike a couple of years ago (you can see it on the MoT history C46RPD). They can change it within a certain time limit but by the time I went back it was too late.

Meggersdog says seven days but I've got a feeling it may be less than that so go back tomorrow if you can!

EDIT: I will accept the seven-day consensus!

Easier than the DVLA, I still have the only motorbike ever to have gone through a time machine, according to the DVLAs refusal to accept that they cocked up and swapped the 4 and 5 round when entering 1954, I have the only bike ever made a full 7 seven years before the company that made it even existed. Muppets.

It doesn't matter until you try and sell it to someone following the Daytime TV Big Book of Buying Secondhand Cars.

First they'll haggle £500 off, because that's how it's done. Then they'll use one of the apps to check it's not been in any accidents or has a mileage discrepancy. At which point they'll come over all Agatha Christie and act like they've solved a major crime.

Get it amended and it will all show up correct in the history.

It happened to me last year and I noticed it on the day of test.

Tester changed it that day and I collected the printed certificate a few days later.

Not that we really need the printed sticky foot these days, but it is kind of habit really