Calibra/Cavvy Mk3 Panel value help please.

Scruffy Bodger

I've been storing a rear floor pan as it didn't seem right to just cut it up and scrap it many moons ago. After seeing the bonkers 405 thread last week I thought I'd look at what Cavy 4x4's were going for and the answer seems to be  :shock:  As far as I know/recall this should fit the bill for one with a rotten rear end.

This panel would be ideal for a full resto like the amazing Granada, mini threads etc on here.

QCZ6n2L.jpg?1

FP4U5GM.jpg

MH6PKjz.jpg

If you wipe the dust off it's as supplied by the manufacturer. I've never been into buying and selling really and it's not an everyday item so I thought I'd ask here as there seems to be an astonishing wealth of multi marque knowledge! IIRC it cost someone circa £600 back in the day!

TIA.

Scruffy Bodger, on 05 Apr 2018 - 4:20 PM, said:

Cheers. I thought some rotted in the wheel well area?

Yep... the body panels are partially galvanised, but I can imagine stone chips in the wheel wells might have got through the underbody protection. Also, early models (pre-1993 or thereabouts) can go around the rear arches and around the sill / rear quarter panel join under the doors, later ones are often better though.

I've been storing a rear floor pan as it didn't seem right to just cut it up and scrap it many moons ago. After seeing the bonkers 405 thread last week I thought I'd look at what Cavy 4x4's were going for and the answer seems to be :shock: As far as I know/recall this should fit the bill for one with a rotten rear end.

This panel would be ideal for a full resto like the amazing Granada, mini threads etc on here.

QCZ6n2L.jpg?1

FP4U5GM.jpg

MH6PKjz.jpg

If you wipe the dust off it's as supplied by the manufacturer. I've never been into buying and selling really and it's not an everyday item so I thought I'd ask here as there seems to be an astonishing wealth of multi marque knowledge! IIRC it cost someone circa £600 back in the day!

TIA.

I’d ask on the Cavalier mk3 OC forum if I were you. Cavs are notoriously crispy around their arse end, although the largest issues are predominantly the rear chassis legs, inner/ outer sills and the rear arches. Well done for not binning it though - there’ll definitely be a perfectionist out there who’ll be glad you kept hold of it. The Mk3s were great cars, and I still have a massive soft spot for the GSi saloons after owning two of them over the years.

I’d ask on the Cavalier mk3 OC forum if I were you. Cavs are notoriously crispy around their arse end, although the largest issues are predominantly the rear chassis legs, inner/ outer sills and the rear arches. Well done for not binning it though - there’ll definitely be a perfectionist out there who’ll be glad you kept hold of it. The Mk3s were great cars, and I still have a massive soft spot for the GSi saloons after owning two of them over the years.

Always liked them myself, my mum had a 2.0i for years, a reliable old workhorse. A mates mum had a minter for years too, again reliable but drove it a few times and it was like piloting a blancmange! With you on the Gsi's.

I bought this one to break about 18 months ago and it was completely rotten. I initially thought it was lowered at the rear but the chassis legs had actually rotted through then collapsed under weight of the car.

That was one really bad car and it actually had valid mot certificate.

:shock: How the hell did it get that bad!?

That part number is for a Calibra floor panel, iirc the Cav (with IRS / 4x4) is different.

Yep, sounds right, I asked the question years ago and got conflicting answers or advice, hence the reason of asking here before trying to sell it elsewhere. The panel came with an unfinished 4x4 project I bought for a mate as he hadn't got the cash at the time. I ended up with the bits he didn't want that came with the car. My first ever Ebay purchase!

jwvdtpv.jpg

NPlai4y.jpg

He ended up getting a complete Calibra in the end and I welded the complete arse end into the Astra for him. It's been a looooooong time coming but hoping it might turn a wheel this year? 

Oh dear oh dear. Best that thing is off the road then  :shock: Makes me feel better too for refusing to patch stuff!

Anyone hazard a guess on a value? Want to be realistic and not rob myself either. Would £150 to the right person be in the right ball park or push for more?

Liking the Mk2 btw, they were a great old motor.

That's deffo an eBay auction £0.99p start with no reserve jobbie as it's a very narrow market and really hard to value but they're will be a vaux licker or there somewhere who will pay the bucks for it.

I've got some cavalier rear arch repair panels at home for a gsi. I bought them in the early 2000's and never used them but they're worth more than I paid as their NLA.

Still only about £20 for the pair!!!

That's deffo an eBay auction £0.99p start with no reserve jobbie as it's a very narrow market and really hard to value but they're will be a vaux licker or there somewhere who will pay the bucks for it.

I've got some cavalier rear arch repair panels at home for a gsi. I bought them in the early 2000's and never used them but they're worth more than I paid as their NLA.

Still only about £20 for the pair!!!

I wouldn't try the 99p auction thing as that is what it will sell for. Bung it on as a buy it now with best offer at a few hundred quid. I get so many free listings per month so it costs me nothing to keep advertising crap, eventually you will find a punter to pay proper money for it.

Yeah I wouldn’t auction that for 99p either. Do as above with a best offer option and then post a link into a few Facebook pages. I doubt it’s a common conversion but folk used to cut floor pans out calibras and graft them into astras etc so you never know.

I can share to a few pages I’m a member of once it’s listed.

My old mk2 actually went to a potential new home today. Lad in the owners club crashed his last week so I’ve given him a loan of mine for a bit until he finds out what’s happening with his.

Ok cheers. I'm not in a real rush to get shot of it. I'll do as you suggest with a few Facebook pages too. The panel came with a Mk2 Astra with that conversion in mind, as in the post above with the blue one, we ended up sing a complete back end in the end though.

Sounds like a kind and brave move with the Cavvy if he's just crashed one! They handle ok from what I remember and the 130 edition my mate had was good fun back in the day.

Will ask at work.  That panel is worth good money and we may need it.  Currently have two Mk3s in for restoration (hatchback & turbo).  Hatchback needs a boot floor and rear panel, turbo is much better but has bent legs.

Great, thanks! Sure there's a finders fee in it for you if you can find the right buyer :-)

• 3 months later...