Stolen

puddlethumper

Thanks for the offer of tools guys, although whether they were worth more than the van, Mr Splitpin, is either a compliment on my tool buying ability or an insult about the worth of my chariot. I'll have to think about that.

Having had a fairly profitable time in Accers, thank you Moogs, I might pop down the fraud of half and buy a shiny new set of spankers.

Find a trade card. If you can wait till you are back up here then you can borrow mine.

Glad​ to hear you've got it back -  even better that you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Police get a battering but I'd not do there job ( there was a point when I wanted to be a copper) Basic salary 21k (okay good rises if you progress) but 21k to be treated like crap all day no thanks.

​Best security for an old car is surely a gear knob lock? 

I'm really thrilled you've got the van back, and well done on your amateur coppering.

But for everyone: if you find yourself typing "police are shit" can you please replace this with "police no longer have the resources to do their job"?

Much obliged.

I think you have only done part one of the detective work, you should have immediately realised that no scrote is going to tote a heavy toolbox further than he can struggle without stopping for a cigarette. Then he would think 'fuck-it i'm not lugging that all the way home' and abandoned it for collection later after stealing something that actually drives. So have a wander around the back alleys/waste ground and see if it has been stashed for later collection.

Other than that, well done :)

If they gave you a crime number they'll have ticked the crime solved box, some years ago a mate of mine had his CX500 nicked, he was gobsmacked when nobody was coming round to look for evidence, just a crime number, to add insult to injury they finished the conversation with " If you get it back you will let us know"

Useless