Stolen

puddlethumper

My 305 van has been robbed. Dropped it at mates garage on Sunday after recovery from FTP.

Disappeared between 1pm Sunday and 8am Tuesday from Wallows road Ind Est in Brierley Hill.

Reported to police for what that's worth.

It was nothing special but I loved it. 18 years and some scrote nicks it. 

Gutted.

As it was a non runner at the time, it would have been taken on the back of something. 

Police asked if there was any cctv, which there is. Then asked me to check it out.

Looks like you have to do your own investigating these days.

Unlikely to have been taken for the parts. Not enough 305's around, so probably for the scrap value.

Aw man. That's absolutely horrible. Have always enjoyed your posts about the van; after 18 years it's much more than just transport or a workhorse. Here's hoping someone has seen something, and it can be found before anything befalls it.

I would love to hear that the culprits have been apprehended and had a bentwood chair inserted into them through a variety of orifices, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Insurance-wise, it's likely that the long-term hike in premiums would outstrip the value of any payout made, unless you have protected NCB (and even then maybe not). I made that mistake a few years ago by claiming on my home insurance for a sodding broken phone. But may be worth seeing if there are other, similar condition 305 vans for sale that you could show the insurer, should you want to go down that route and avoid a lowball offer.

+1 on ringing round any breakers or scrap metal dealers within the area, in case that's been the reason for the theft.

BUT, it's not that easy to scrap off a motor without the relevant paperwork these days isn't it?

I suppose they could have cut it up or something but it seems a lot of effort for little reward.

It might be sitting somewhere waiting to go?

Never know.

I've weighed in a few without the relevant paperwork, I still have the v5s and they are on sorn etc so it is possible.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Going to see the cctv footage this afternoon.

Looks like I'm buying a Shitroen Dispatch on an 07 plate. Shit, not shite.

I know I won't like it. Too bloody new and with electronics that I haven't a clue about and would rather not have to find out about. I really dislike modern vans.