Oldsmobile Delta 88 diesel - dailying the delta

drum

You can keep your v8 petrols and their slipped liners, it's diesels all the way, I should have dropped a 200tdi in that p38...smiley face.

Costs so far amount to 60p for a bulb and 50* to the gallon = budget motoring.

Might have to have a look at the alternator. Ok for a from 12.6v to 13.1v running.

I'm going to change the oil. The book says to use SAE30. Would thus stuff kill it? 15231775553908113474788620970764.jpg

*km

Something like CAT DEO (Diesel engine oil) which comes in 25l drums should be suitable, the 3000 mile service interval can probably be safely extended to 6000 using specifically designed modern detergent diesel oils - I guess these weren't common in the US when it was produced.

See also ZZ Top, specifically the song "Goin' Down To Mexico". I would draw attention to the second verse:

"A fine and fancy man was he, doing good things for the poor, he gave them rides in his rockin' 88 for free, they could not hope for more..."

Now I put it to the court that William Gibbons Esq of Houston, Texas, has set a precedent, which must be followed.

Back up alarm is fantastic. It was mentioned 'Police livery' - no! What it needs is period DHL livery on the door

The old Lucas indicators pulled off a Moggie don't hit my OCD quite as hard as the black rear bumper. Peeled off chrome was it or has it 'rotted out' as heard in Americanese

This car is the bomb and cheered me right up this week! Top bombage

Back up alarm is fantastic. It was mentioned 'Police livery' - no! What it needs is period DHL livery on the door

The old Lucas indicators pulled off a Moggie don't hit my OCD quite as hard as the black rear bumper. Peeled off chrome was it or has it 'rotted out' as heard in Americanese

This car is the bomb and cheered me right up this week! Top bombage

Why does every old three box Yank have to be turned into a half arsed cop car?

Nah, that needs to be kept exactly like that.

I've never heard one of these in diesel. It's a one of the nicest V8 diesels I've heard. Normally they're either all turbo whistle or injector clatter or both.

Phil

That was one of the things I really liked about the V6 TD Omega - the gentle completely smooth thrum whenever the revs came off idle was quite unlike anything else I'd ever driven before then.

Sadly it drank diesel nearly as quick as the V6 petrol did unleaded.

Torque was ace for making the back end slide around in the wet though...

That was one of the things I really liked about the V6 TD Omega - the gentle completely smooth thrum whenever the revs came off idle was quite unlike anything else I'd ever driven before then.

Sadly it drank diesel nearly as quick as the V6 petrol did unleaded.

Torque was ace for making the back end slide around in the wet though...

V6 diesel omega?

Straight six surely?