Kawasaki ZZR600 Force Hail £575 - SOLD

83C

With the impending return to the road of my Triumph ST, the Kwak needs to go. Bought as a bit of winter fun, I've probably done less than 500 miles on it.

Reg is K432 SCC.

post-20339-0-34529800-1522751987_thumb.jpeg

It's a 1993 E1 model, 49ish,000 on the clock. MoT until June, good Bridgestone tyre on the back, fair to middlin' Metzeler on the front. Braided lines on front brakes, tank replaced with one that isn't made of rust. Sprockets have loads of life in them, chain isn't the best looking but runs free and has no tight links. As you'd expect on a 25 year old bike there are a few niggles, idle and low revs are very lumpy when cold (previous owner reckoned the carbs aren't balanced), the bodywork isn't perfect by any means and it would benefit from a decent service. The cam chain tensioner rattles - TADTS. Back brake isn't the best.

All in all though it's a good cheap fast bike, and comfortable for bigger folk - I'm 6' 6" and felt perfectly comfortable riding it from Exeter to Truro.

More pictures:

post-20339-0-46971500-1522752836_thumb.jpeg

post-20339-0-70220200-1522752907_thumb.jpeg

post-20339-0-61725200-1522752949_thumb.jpeg

Recently I had the rear wheel out because a chain adjuster sheared, I'm just awaiting the arrival of a pair of new adjusters (might as well replace both of them) and then it'll all go back together. Whilst it was out the rear sprocket, swing arm and chain were cleaned, and the cush drive was checked and is good. Wheel bearings are good also, no play nor any roughness.

post-20339-0-76179500-1522753522_thumb.jpeg

I'm after £575 for it, the bike is currently in Truro.

EDIT: Sold

I had one of these as my first big bike back in 1994, it seemed ridiculously fast at the time but they were a bit soft and squishy when pressing on, great all rounder though, carb balancing is a doddle on these as access is easy.

This is a proper bargain.

Underrated bikes and relatively cheap to insure for something that will do 0-60 in 3.something seconds on its way to a top speed of 150 or so, seems even the insurance companies have fallen for the myth that these in some way are not a proper sportsbike.

What a cracking deal, I can't believe there are people slumming it in cars when such a fine steed is available for a bargain price. They were well on my radar before I picked up my VFR, there just weren't any local to me.

Mr Womble, imagine the lovely ride back, you'd have so much fun you'd probably turn round and ride down to Cornwall again just to say thank you. 

I want to be brave enough to go back** to biking, and IF I was I'd buy that.

The thing that stops me, is not fear of death*, but the fact that my wife would fear my death, and making her more worried than she is about my mortality isn't very kind.

*Obviously for Death, include being a cabbage for the next 40 years.

**When I say back, the last time I rode a Motorbike was in 1988 and it was a liquid cooled 2 stroke 375cc*** Yamaha

***Is is committing insurance fraud, if when you rebuild a 2 stroke engine having seized it at erm 70 mph (ish), and it has massive score marks, and the only pistons which will remove the GROOVES are 3mm oversize, which technically makes it 25 cc larger??? and you don't realise this for a few months or years???

These are fantastic, do everything bikes. All day comfortable, fast, reliable, frugal. With a bit of tinkering they can handle too.

If I didn't already have the 1100 version I would bite your hand off at that money.

I would argue in the real world the 600 is the better bike, its lighter than the 1100 for a start

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...