The starship Heart of Gold: contains Wolvo, time to move him on

Slartibartfast

You are a WINNER and I am JEALOUS.

Glad it's fixable.

I guess the V8 in the new S80 was the replacement for the 2.8 twin turbo 6 cylinder in the old 184 S80 which, er, nobody bought either.

Sadly I've no experience of it as it was launched shortly before I left the dealer I worked for at the time.

I'm sure it'll turn out to be a good un when it's sorted. Enjoy

And who said Autoshite Diagnostics via Internet Banter had no place amongst a 'get the codes read mate' diagnostic approach.

It gets better by the day, top level shite, viewed by another shitter, delivered unseen on a transporter...........fekkin top draw.

I had an S60 D5 once, only Ovlov me has had, cracking car it was.

To top this distance S80 jobbie We now need a purchasing 'sold as not seen' and collected for purchaser by another shitter on an epic 500 mile LeJog style run, preferably on something costing less than £300 or £400

You're supposed to keep them in a high back booster until age 12 or 135cm. The sale of booster seats is banned now. The HBB protects the head and neck in the event of a side impact and also helps locate the seatbelt properly on their shoulder.

You sound like the Junkwoman.

She thinks stupid laws are there to be obeyed.

I think they are there to be ignored.

A side impact.

In a country where there is a bloody traffic light every 30 fucking yards.

It's not going to happen.

Thats some load area. I wonder how many bodies you could get in there.

I'll test with my children.

Current developments:

• This morning it was telling me the bonnet was open. It was not. I drove for a bit and it stopped.
  • The terrible squeak from the rear passenger-side suspension mount point goes away when it's raining.
  • It's getting four new tyres. It was delivered to me with four different brands on each wheel all close to their limits.
  • They attached it to their code reader to determine why the "park assist system" is throwing an error. It reported faults with two of the sensors and the module. Normally I would ignore this and park the same way I always have (by bumping into stuff mostly) but the warning can't be turned off and takes over the whole right hand dash screen, which is where useful information lives. Since it was in getting the tyres done anyway they didn't charge me for this which was nice.
  • The locking wheel nut key is a bit shit, so I've replaced the locking wheel nuts with regular nuts on the basis that no one steals alloys in 2018 and these are in a shocking state anyway. I may live to regret this.

Shitting Jesus. I knew they put this engine in the XC90, didn't realise you could get it in a saloon. [blue]I can haz much wantz[/blue,] A may zing.

But no Volvo estates with that engine :(

Well I can't shake them down properly because the tyre place told me I have to take it gently on the new tyres for 50 miles, but they have definitely improved the ride comfort. Before it was quite rattly and bangy at points, especially when going over potholes or speedbumps. Now it's silky smooth.